Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Wales

im new

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Lee

Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi I'm new hear , just found this site will post pics when I can , I have a staffy I want to feed him as I think he should be fed but I probably need some help , thanks in advance
  • Jordann likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! We will be glad to help! What questions do you have?

Lee

Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi , i have wanted to feed my dog raw ever since I have had him,it's been hard to find a supplier of raw products but now I found a place not to far away that sells only raw meat products my question is do I need to feed dry dog food ,fruit and veg ,as well ? He gets a good variety of meat offal tripe bones , I can get almost all meaty things now so any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Welcome!!

Here we feed meat, bones, and organs. If you haven't already,I highly suggest you read through the Getting Started Guide found at the top of the page, or here http://preymodelraw....el-raw-diet-r19

Feeding dry food and raw together isn't recommended, because meat and kibble is digested at different rates. When starting out, you begin with chicken because it's easily digested. After chicken is turkey, then fish (if you want, if not its not important ... Fish isn't a common food source for wolves/dogs ... If you do, it's awesome, so you don't have to give fish oil. ;) ) after fish is pork, then beef, then organs.

Definitely read through the getting started guide, but ask any questions you have along the way! We are here for you every step of the way! :)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Kibble and raw together don't usually mix. Because of different digestion rates yo can get digestive upsets. No veggies or fruit are needed either, since dogs really can't digest then very well. As long as you feed variety, raw meat/bones/organs supply all a dog needs. With the exception of omegas in most cases, so then you need to supplement with salmon oil. 

Lee

Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok thanks ,I don't mix raw and kibble thay are separate , i just didn't want to buy another bag if I didn't need to .I also thought if he was geting green tripe the nutrients would be in there I do feed him sardines as well a couple of times a week .
I haven't really had time to look through all the advice and posts yet , but thank you all

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I would just stop feeding the kibble all together, and feed the raw only. Residue from kibble tends to hang around the stomach for some time. Raw only, and you won't have to worry about any accidental digestive issues.

Lee

Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok thanks , my dog also has alligies to grain so he was on a grain free kibble , do you think that just raw would also help in this area to , thanks

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Somehow, I just now saw this post! I'm sorry! Sure, eliminating grain by feeding only raw meat/bones/organs will take care of that problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO