Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thoughts On Vitamins

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

pievel

pievel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

This probably has been covered before so i apologize.

I would like to get some input on vitamins. Whether you add them, what you add etc. I have used Missing link in the past but am looking at others to add for my 2 GSD bitches. To make things complicated i am battling auto immune issues with my 8 year old so right now she is on cooked meat/food because the vet strongly advises against raw because she is very immune compromised right now but suggested adding a vitamin to her food.

My puppy eats regular raw, i mostly follow the PMR with a few supplements like eggs, apple cider vinegar, fish oil and coconut oil.

So in short, do you use vitamins, what do you use, and why?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I would say that the supplements you add in for your puppy are about what us all add in being PMR people. 

For your older dog, it wouldn't hurt to add in a multivitamin since you're cooking all of her food, which cooking destroys nutrients and enzymes.

• taisner likes this

pievel

pievel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

That's what i am thinking. Any suggestions on vitamin brands?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
No, I don't have much experience with vitamins.....maybe someone else will chime in.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

PMR feeders don't usually need to add vitamins, but you do need to due to cooking the food. I have heard missing link is good, I've also heard about Nupro as well. You may want to look into that. Solid Gold has a couple of them as well I think. One is Sea Meal(I think that's what it's called). 

You may need to just investigate it some, and see if you can find a multi vitamin that will work for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO