Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Hello,

I recently switched my 2 year old Thai Ridgeback Dog to a raw diet. He has been getting various raw meats (e.g. chicken, beef, turkey, lamb) since he was a pup, but it was only used in addition to kibble. Now, I've totally ditched the kibble and am in the process of finding more meat sources. While I have been able to find a bit at the local grocery stores, I'm trying to reach out to local (Eastern NC) raw feeding groups, hunters, etc. to find better deals. 

I've been lurking here a bit and thought I'd introduce myself and let you guys know I am glad to find more raw (particularly for the prey model) feeding resources. :)

Rey

Attached Files

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Glad to have you!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Welcome to PMR! Have you looked for wholesale meat distributors in your area yet?

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Thank you for the welcomes!

I have reached out to a raw feeding group, butchers (all at groceries here. Independent butchers are not around anymore :( ), friends, and asked my husband (who used to work at a meat factory/wholeseller) if anybody we know might be able to get some rejected raw meat from work. So far nothing has turned up. I am hoping that if I keep asking around, in time I may luck out. My hunter friends tend to use everything from their kills--which I think is great--but is another dead end for me. haha

Currently I get his meat from the grocery store, but since I'm only feeding one moderate-sized dog now it's not expensive... Maybe around $30/month. Still dreaming of the major hook-up though! ;)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
$30 a month... Sign me up! :lol:

Welcome, gorgeous boy! :)

If you are on Facebook, you can make a post for friends, and if you are apart of any community pages, make posts there. Also Craigslist and other sites like that are helpful too. I have better luck with Facebook (I joined to get free meat and it has paid off so far! lol).

Just keep at it and it will eventually pay off! :)

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Thank you! I am hoping that over time the word will spread that I'm looking for meats and organs so I'll be remembered if anyone has surplus.  In the meantime, I am still able to offer raw without breaking the bank. :)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Have you tried craigslist? I have an ad on there for free older meats, and just got a good haul last week, of beef, deer and some pork. About 130-140 pounds in all.

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Have you tried craigslist? I have an ad on there for free older meats, and just got a good haul last week, of beef, deer and some pork. About 130-140 pounds in all.

Wow! That is great! :D I'm a bit leery of craigslist, but suppose I can give it a try. What section did you post your ad in?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I post mine in the farm and garden section. I started putting it in pets, but my ad kept getting flagged. But it never has in the farm section.

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

OK. Good to know!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Didn't think to post in the farm and garden section, will have to try that! Do you post pictures of your pups too, Jenny?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I used to, but I haven't in the latest ones. Maybe I will do that again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO