Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Question For A Friend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kays65

kays65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

My friend has a yorkie that is a little over a year old and weighs 7 lbs.  She has fed raw in the past to her other dog (rottweiler) but not for this Yorkie.  She isn't sure how to go about it for a dog this small.  She feels that small chicken wings would be too much bone, so doesn't really know what to buy for her so that she get the correct ratio of bone/meat/organ.  Any suggestions for her?  The dog, (Charlie) has been itching a lot, and I know raw feeding would help this.  So I told her I would ask you all.

Thanks,

Kay

• SurraTazy, Ridallrup, VitezEreD and 1 other like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

He would do just fine on chicken wings in the beginning, but eventually would need more meat which would be achieved during the transition when all the proteins are added in rotation.

• SurraTazy, Ridallrup and Deroypini like this

kays65

kays65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

So would you feed chicken wings first then when you introduce other proteins just start with pieces of pork with no bone, alternating with chicken wings? 

• SurraTazy, Ridallrup and Deroypini like this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

yes, but before moving on to a red meat try feeding another bland protein like duck or turkey.

• SurraTazy and Deroypini like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO