Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thinking We're Dealing With Allergies...

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

He seems to be ok on chicken, tho he hasn't been eating too much as whole meals. Been giving him frozen wings as night time treats, no extra scratching or chewing of paws. If we don't at least give him a snack, then he's got one of us up at 5 am looking for breakfast - neither one of us likes being up that early. Gave him the leftover chicken back after chopping up a whole chicken for supper - he inhaled it.

Looks like his whole body has peeled as well, lost a layer of skin. Might have been from the baths - but doesn't seem worse for the wear.

We have slacked off on the baths and on the extra vitamin E to see what would transpire, experiencing hair loss again. It's got to be something to do with inability to uptake vitamins. He is getting a daily dose of powdered vits - biovites I think they are called. He won't touch the powder, so we put a daily dose in an ice cube tray with some melted coconut oil. When it firms, he'll eat them whole.

- So here we are, giving a dose of mixed oils - cod liver, flax oil and few hundred UI of liquid vitamin E. Vitamin E is $30 a bottle for liquid. I am aware that cod liver oil can mess up the vitamin E uptake, hence the reason for giving him extra.

- He has an ear infection again, dosing with mometamax again. Infection is clearing up. 

- Back to applying Vitamin E on the bare patches where hair loss is.

If that's the daily routine, then we're ok with that. Little bugger is his happy little self. Had him out chasing gophers yesterday, he was in his glory but he never caught any. I near laughed my arse off, took him a few minutes to associate the gopher squeak with the actual gophers but when he did it was halarious. Nearly caught a Canada goose, don't know what he would do with it :startle:

Would still like to know what is causing this, and if there is a test for it. If anyone has any ideas, please please throw them our way.

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Well, we're not doing the baths or oil soaks.

He's back on the powdered vitamins with coconut oil. Orally getting a mix of cod liver oil, vitamin E oil, and flax oil. He's getting his bare patches rubbed with vitamin E oil nightly.

He seems to be getting better, hasn't been itchy or chewing much.

We just don't understand why.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I'm happy to see it doesn't appear to be a food sensitivity! Fingers crossed he keeps getting better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO