Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Brand New To Raw

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York
First day went very well - starting slowly with chicken backs (1 for breakfast, 1 for dinner) and tripe (just a frozen spoonful with each meal). Pasha knew what to do, after licking his breakfast for a bit, he chomped the bones with his back teeth, swishing from side to side, then swallowed. Now I'm just waiting for "output" which hasn't happened yet - though after a day of fasting and small meals today, I may not see anything until tomorrow. Thanks to this group for giving a guiding hand!
  • Jordann, SurraTazy, Ridallrup and 4 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Keep us posted on his progress!
  • SurraTazy, Deroypini, Timothytip and 1 other like this

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Day two - he loves it! Added some chicken necks to find out if he would crunch them and yes, he's not a gulper, hoorah. Output this morning was firm and small but partly kibble poo. This afternoon on our walk he had tiny output, all light in color, firm but he's not straining. So far I think chicken agrees with him.😃 We'll see what happens when I add a leg quarter on Wed. The most noticeable difference is his water intake which is next to none. He was always thirsty on kibble and a voracious (and sloppy) drinker. He hasn't gone to his water bowl once today - is this normal?
  • Jordann, Deroypini and Timothytip like this

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Day two - he loves it! Added some chicken necks to find out if he would crunch them and yes, he's not a gulper, hoorah. Output this morning was firm and small but partly kibble poo. This afternoon on our walk he had tiny output, all light in color, firm but he's not straining. So far I think chicken agrees with him. We'll see what happens when I add a leg quarter on Wed. The most noticeable difference is his water intake which is next to none. He was always thirsty on kibble and a voracious (and sloppy) drinker. He hasn't gone to his water bowl once today - is this normal?

Less water is normal, the dogs body will adjust. You're switching from dry food to a wet food that contains alot of water. Our little guy doesn't drink much water either but it's always there for him.

You'll notice some changes over the coming weeks. Good luck and enjoy!

Pics?

• SPooMom likes this

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I can't figure out how to attach photos from my phone into actual posts - anyone have a quick instruction or useful link? Of course I have plenty of doggy photos. 🐾❤️🐾

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

The water content in raw is high, so there will be less drinking. That is completly normal.

• SPooMom likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Photobucket is what I use, to host pictures. :) He is beautiful!
  • SPooMom likes this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

I don't think you can directly upload pictures while using your phone.

PS - Glad to see everything is going so well! :D

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Was planning to move on to chicken leg quarters for Pasha's dinner last night but the butcher gave me mostly drumsticks (I bought quite a bit and it was all in a box so I didn't see what I'd actually been given)!  Live and learn.  The quarters were frozen solid so I went with drumsticksLuckily the drumsticks were quite large and looked meaty.  I gave him two (trying not to weigh everything) and just like with anything new, he licked them for a bit first.  Then he happily chomped.  It was the first time my husband heard him eat the new diet and he said, doesn't that sound freak you out?  I said no, if the meat disappeared without a sound, that would freak me out!! 

So do drumsticks have enough meat?  Or should I be adding some breast at this point? 

Still trying to figure out how to post pics - got the imgur app but it seems all I can post are links.  I tried the photobucket app but it wants to back up the entirety of my photo collection which takes forever.  Is there a pic posting tutorial somewhere on this site?  I'm not super tech savy.  ;-P 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
My boys ate drumsticks last night, too. :)

For my guys it is enough meat to not get constipated. When Pasha poops you'll be able to see how he handles the drumsticks. They are typically bonier though, so I wouldn't suggest giving drumsticks only for multiple days without extra muscle meat. ;)

How has Pasha's transition been so far?

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
His transition has been easy - figured out how to chew the bones pretty readily and his system seems to tolerate chicken just fine. Poops are perfect.😃 I am giving him ground tripe in addition to the chicken and he loves it! Does that count as muscle meat? Next week I'll introduce turkey necks as per PMR "how to get started" guidance.
  • Jordann likes this

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Trying a photo experiment.

http://i.imgur.com/xUWtrfC.jpg

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Too cute!! I love Poodle babies!
  • SPooMom likes this

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Trying a photo experiment.

http://i.imgur.com/xUWtrfC.jpg

You're getting there.

When you click in the reply box, you'll notice there's a bunch of icons appear. on the bottom row toward the center, there's an icon of a picture to the left of the <>, when you hover your mouse over it - it should say image. click it, paste your link in there and hit ok. Then post. That should show your picture instead of a link.

He's a cutie.

• SPooMom likes this

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Ahhh, thank you - these are the icons that don't come up on my phone where all my photos live! 

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Ok, misunderstanding on my behalf... Doesn't work on my phone either, but the clickable links work!

There's a "full version" button on the bottom of the page that should switch the forum layout, but it doesn't work on my phone.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
If you put [ img ] without the spaces before the link and [ / img ] without the spaces after the link it should work.

[ img ] http://i.imgur.com/xUWtrfC.jpg [ / img ] without spaces should show the picture

xUWtrfC.jpg
  • SPooMom likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Hope that makes sense :)
  • SPooMom likes this

SPooMom

SPooMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Let's give it a go! The last photo was Pasha at 10 weeks on our way from Greenville, SC to Albany, NY. This one is spring 2014 at daycare (so happy)!!
w0PodhK.jpg
  • Jordann likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Welcome! Glad you've given raw feeding a chance! You've got a gorgeous SPOO!!!
  • SPooMom likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO