Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Trouble Getting Newly Switched Dog To Eat Liver?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SoFlayRoud

SoFlayRoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Nice score! Convinced me to put in ad in ours haha.

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Nice score indeed! 200 pounds would feed our little squirt for a year or more. Still most of what is in the freezer is his,

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I haven't gotten a hit in a long time. I normally get hits when we go grocery shopping, so I was holding out a few weeks ago, but no such luck. Need to find other places to put ads up.

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

I'm one with a dog who won't eat liver thawed. He picks at it and flings it around with the most digested look on his face. Frozen solid, though, and he'll wolf it down like it's the best thing on the planet. He'll abandon any meal for a slice of frozen liver.  We just slice it, stack it with wax paper in between each slice, and put it in a container in the freezer. He gets one slice with every meal so, at feeding time, I just pull out a slice and hand it to him and it goes down without a fuss. 

Has anyone tried to grind it with other meats? I considered it...but I dunno I feel like like it'll turn to mush.
I don't really want to give her ground stuff(she loves to rip and tear her food up)...but if it gets her to eat liver I guess it'll be Okay for a few meals a week

If you find that grinding it with other meat works, you could grind up enough for, say, a month, and package it how you like. You could package it into daily feedings to add to her regular meals or you could just keep some thawed and grab however much you want her to have that day. Raw is balance over time so, as long as she was getting that month's supply each month, you could decide how much to give her per day. I used a special, fatty ground beef to get my old man back up to weight when he dropped his yearly summer weight (has since he was young) and I just kept it in a bag and gave him about a softball sized chunk each day with his regular meals. His meals are never all ground meat. None of them are unless we have ground meat we bought for us that we didn't use and needs to go before it turns bad.

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

I'm one with a dog who won't eat liver thawed. He picks at it and flings it around with the most digested look on his face. Frozen solid, though, and he'll wolf it down like it's the best thing on the planet. He'll abandon any meal for a slice of frozen liver.  We just slice it, stack it with wax paper in between each slice, and put it in a container in the freezer. He gets one slice with every meal so, at feeding time, I just pull out a slice and hand it to him and it goes down without a fuss. 

Has anyone tried to grind it with other meats? I considered it...but I dunno I feel like like it'll turn to mush.
I don't really want to give her ground stuff(she loves to rip and tear her food up)...but if it gets her to eat liver I guess it'll be Okay for a few meals a week

If you find that grinding it with other meat works, you could grind up enough for, say, a month, and package it how you like. You could package it into daily feedings to add to her regular meals or you could just keep some thawed and grab however much you want her to have that day. Raw is balance over time so, as long as she was getting that month's supply each month, you could decide how much to give her per day. I used a special, fatty ground beef to get my old man back up to weight when he dropped his yearly summer weight (has since he was young) and I just kept it in a bag and gave him about a softball sized chunk each day with his regular meals. His meals are never all ground meat. None of them are unless we have ground meat we bought for us that we didn't use and needs to go before it turns bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO