Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Regurge Or Vomit? Should I Be Worried?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Once the men see the benefits of it all, they will be weary. It's a general trend that the women are the ones who are interested in raw feeding first, and it's all about convincing the spouse. 

The only thing that Jon isn't the biggest fan of is butchering for the dogs. That falls mostly on me, but whatever, I enjoy it LOL

• naturalfeddogs and GimMom like this

amie s

amie s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

I just found that the chix quarters that I thought were 99 cents a pound were actually 87 cents a pound so I bought $35 dollars worth. I have enough chix quarters in the freezer to feed the dogs for the next three weeks. I spent over an hour tearing the skin off and putting them in bags and hubby comes in and says, "that's disgusting. I've never seen so much chicken in one place."

In other news Maycie was slightly tentative at meal time, but she eventually took to it with some gusto. I think she will be pretty good at this soon. Her papa seems to think she just doesn't like chicken. LOL

• Prey Model Raw likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Once the men see the benefits of it all, they will be weary. It's a general trend that the women are the ones who are interested in raw feeding first, and it's all about convincing the spouse. 

The only thing that Jon isn't the biggest fan of is butchering for the dogs. That falls mostly on me, but whatever, I enjoy it LOL

Wayne saw the benefits after about the first feeding, and he was sold on raw. That's all it took. He's also the one around here who is all about butchering! No problems there at all. He butchers, and I stand there holding containers. Deer season comes around, and he's a butchering fool! He's done a lot of rabbits and chickens too, but I'm really hoping we will score a sheep or cow. He's already looking forward to doing one of them.

• GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I just found that the chix quarters that I thought were 99 cents a pound were actually 87 cents a pound so I bought $35 dollars worth. I have enough chix quarters in the freezer to feed the dogs for the next three weeks. I spent over an hour tearing the skin off and putting them in bags and hubby comes in and says, "that's disgusting. I've never seen so much chicken in one place."

In other news Maycie was slightly tentative at meal time, but she eventually took to it with some gusto. I think she will be pretty good at this soon. Her papa seems to think she just doesn't like chicken. LOL

Shane wouldn't like ripping off skin either, he saw it squish between my fingers and was "hell naw!" Lol

I just wish I had more counter space!i have three bags of various meats to sort and nowhere enough room to do it.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Shane wouldn't like ripping off skin either, he saw it squish between my fingers and was "hell naw!" Lol

I just wish I had more counter space!i have three bags of various meats to sort and nowhere enough room to do it.

Outside? Garage? Look for a few table on Craigslist for meat prep purposes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO