Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Maximus Grown Up

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

http://preymodelraw....ry-through-raw/

^ This was his story starting out. I've seen the occasional post or two refer to it, so I decided to show off the handsome fella he has blossomed into. We can NEVER go back to a kibble fed dog; the three most basic things, the lack of stink and poop, beautiful coat is ENOUGH for us :)

10919427_1548830498709063_302809889_n.jp

10903321_746937108709367_1974850342_n.jp

10903382_750978238324985_974839296_n.jpg

10852919_1585613778337763_705110183_n.jp

aaaand this one is actually pretty old, but one that CLEARLY defines the lean, muscle defintion a boxer, and EVERY raw dog should have :)

546uqe.jpg

• TRDmom and SurraTazy like this

Loreen K

Loreen K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Beautiful!! Cant wait till next year when we can start doing long hikes with packs with our little girl!!

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Handsome feller for sure. Very encouraging to see success stories.

Beautiful!! Cant wait till next year when we can start doing long hikes with packs with our little girl!!

Same here, can't wait til spring so we can start running the pup again.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Maxi is all grown up! What a handsome boy!

flossboss

flossboss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

He's SUCH a handsome boy!!!!  We had boxers for years!  I miss that goofy, wiggle butt every morning, although my two have their own style of this!  You must adore your boy!  He's just magnificent!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Gorgeous boy!!!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

He's beautiful!

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Thank you everyone! :)

It makes me just a little bit sad, he truly is a big boy now; I can barely lift him up when I force him up to cuddle me on couch (he doesn't like cuddling anymore-unless it's on his terms lol :( )

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Thank you everyone! :)

It makes me just a little bit sad, he truly is a big boy now; I can barely lift him up when I force him up to cuddle me on couch (he doesn't like cuddling anymore-unless it's on his terms lol :( )

I know what you mean. Iorveth turned two in November... I've cried on both birthdays because it's another year gone. Granted, Iorveth only got 60 lbs and, for a dog his size, is very compact and portable but he and Max are DOGS now... They aren't puppies anymore (physically, anyways)  :(

As far as the cuddling, you know what I've noticed with both my younger boys? They were cuddly puppies. Iorveth used to seek me out and, if I was sitting on the floor, he would curl up in my lap for a nap. He was happiest in my lap. Then, when they hit about 6 months to a year, they just became super independent and really wanted nothing to do with cuddling (unless it was cold out, then Iorveth wanted me for my body heat). They acted like I was smothering them when I would try to cuddle. When Buck hit about 2.5 years old, he suddenly started seeking out affection. He is definitely DH's dog and Buck is happiest with his face buried in DH's chest. Iorveth, in the last month or so, has also suddenly gone back to seeking out affection. He has turned into a velcro dog. If I'm on the couch, he no longer wants to sit on "his" cushion on the other side. He wants to be in the middle seat pressed up against me. When I extend the legs, he wants to be in between my knees, curled up in a ball. If I'm on the bed, he wants to be draped over my legs or curled up against my side (like he is right now). He is constantly putting his head in my lap in an attempt to get me to scratch him and he is constantly pressing his cheek to my lips to get me to kiss all over him (one of his favorite things). The turnaround both boys did was really interesting and happened not long after they turned two.

Maybe Max will do the same thing.

• Jordann and Erica like this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Heehee that's hilarious! I don't lie about these kinds of things when I say them: he is a complete drama queen. He is certainly a velcro dog (only with me, I don't work as much as my husband, so that probably had a huge impact,and when we're both him he always has an eye on me if he's not following me around) but when he goes off on his own around his bedtime, he does NOT like to be messed around with (like I usually do to him because that's when he LOOKS the most cuddliest..in a tight little puppy ball lol) :D

• Iorveth likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

When Iorveth doesn't want to be messed with, I get a big, LOUD, long groan of annoyance. Not a growl, by any means, but an "Oh, you've got to be KIDDING me!" type of groan. Iorveth is very much my dog and, like Max, if he's not following me around the house, he does keep one eye on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO