Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Vet Visit!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Just got back from the vet and I think we amazed her today, pup has a clean bill of health. She didn't know what to suggest, just keep doing what we are doing.

Allergy is definitely chicken. She checked his ear canals, infection is gone, pink and perfect. She was impressed by the coat, the teeth, dry patches gone, hair is growing back. We discussed all the conditions that disappeared over the course of the last 9 days. She says normally it takes 10 to 12 weeks for noticeable changes to happen from allergies, to see them happen so fast...?

She's not too keen on raw - and I don't know if it's her view of it or the ideal that many won't do it properly or treat it as some kind of a fad. Either way, I sincerely hope this visit helps her change her views on raw feeding. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

After the last few years, I am so happy - utterly tickled pink - that he's on the right track now.

And Thanks.

• naturalfeddogs, Jordann, SurraTazy and 5 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I'm so happy to hear he's had such a turn around in such a short amount of time! Hard to deny the diet, when it is doing such great things for your boy. :)
  • SurraTazy, VitezEreD, Deroypini and 1 other like this

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Yeap, I think i'll be screaming raw diet from the rooftops from here on in...

• Jordann, SurraTazy, Deroypini and 1 other like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

That's wonderful! It's such a relief to finally figure out what is causing such a miserable feeling for your dog and more work for you.

• SurraTazy and Deroypini like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

That's awesome! No way the vet can argue when everything is going so well. 

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

And she didn't suggest her commercial foods, spoke of the different allergens like possible bison in them but that was all.

I'll admit, when he got worse on feeding raw, we were ready to throw in the towel for a while. I've since spoken to a couple of friends that feed raw, they tend to keep it hush hush. Can definitely call me a raw convert, and it's great to have resources like this - with the people to lean on.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
I really do hope that your journey gives her a different view on raw.
  • naturalfeddogs, SurraTazy and Deroypini like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO