Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bit Of A Sick Pup...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Every place I talk to either has organ meats spoken for due to raw feeders or they want to sell organs whole. What am I going to do with a 100 lb buffalo liver.

Cut it up into pieces and give yourself an endless supply of liver!  :D 

No, I know what you mean. It's an awful lot of space to give just to one type of meat. I would take advantage of a whole liver since I have three large dogs but I imagine that even 20 lbs of liver lasts you quite a while with one small guy. 

Do you know of any other raw feeders who would be willing to split it with you? If you know anyone, you could see if they would be willing to go in on a whole liver with you and, if they need more liver than you do, you could buy, say, 1/3 of the liver and they would buy the other 2/3. 

Ah, we don't have to compete with others to get our cases since it is a very popular place. It isn't a small operation but it's a very efficient, clean one that isn't too big. They have plenty of all.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
You'll portion that beauty up into a year's worth of organ meat. And if he reacts to it, sell it to other raw feeders.

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

I've got a normal fridge with a small top loader freezer, not going to work.

I've got a line on some whole meat rabbits, should know tomorrow for sure. I just can't kill the bloody things.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Maybe look into getting a small 7 cubic foot freezer for meat. That way you're not so limited in options

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

The extra freezer is definitely worth it. Often, the best deals end up being bulk order type things. We had a TINY kitchen in our last apartment. It was so small that DH and I couldn't stand at opposite counters without our backs touching. So we set that baby up in the front room next to the kitchen. We put a rubber mat underneath it and that was that. We're lucky now that, even though our house is smaller than our last apartment, the kitchen had all sorts of extra space so it's next to the fridge but I can't imagine not having one. Again, this is coming from someone with three large dogs rather than one small one but it was rally nice to be able to have the freedom to buy or accept meat whenever something came up. I could now probably go a month or so without buying any more raw just based on what's in my freezer but we regularly buy new things to give us options but we always keep some space open for things like a huge bison liver!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO