Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tank Turned 8 Today

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Can't believe my boy is 8 already. He is our first born and longest resident. I had to have fun with him before giving him his food. True to form, he was patient and let me decorate him. I'd say his prize was worth the wait! He didn't get the whole thing, he had to share with Calvin.

6543be6549462e5992399256883c4810.jpg

bb496df2f4799e5f7addfdc7c0010e59.jpg

d704c965b6ed922f4b25fb830a7df32c.jpg

62769998718d07b6f3fd5badc15ead42.jpg

c535ea9a95821671c76373de6ff9f5a4.jpg

f4b9346bec0e804aad50e4d9c47afad1.jpg

59e629d29a16256f124c68e7fc7751a9.jpg

"Please mom? Can I have some more?"
700e0b1c327dab284437037fe39e8e92.jpg

"I'm not full at all! See!!"
296727e6481c4aedba5c472677a81285.jpg
  • peppersmom1889, MaiaDavisGo, SurraTazy and 31 others like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,280 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANK!!!!!!!  :jig:

• Jordann, SurraTazy, VitezEreD and 16 others like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

How much does Tank weigh? He looks like a hefty, good sized dog. Buck would have happily packed away that whole hunk of meat. He's a pig.

I LOVE Tank's eyes. Dark dogs with blue eyes are always just so striking. He is a beautiful dog. And he always looks so serious. He seems like the kind of dog who could calmly and innocently stare at someone that is up to no good and make them think twice about it. I have also been meaning to ask if you know what he is. He has a Rottweiler vibe about him but maybe it's just the serious expression since Labs can give a dog a similar structure (as well as the black and tan color, as rare as it may be).

The things they tolerate from us, eh? I've done all sorts of things to my guys. The other day I had Iorveth running around with one of those face masks (the disposable type you use for painting or sanding or whatever) on his head for a hat. Last week, he was being a pain so I rolled him up in a blanket like a burrito while I put Buck in his crate to eat. I've painted him with different concoctions from the kitchen in an attempt to find a paste that sticks and doesn't flake off but is also harmless to his skin since I would love to paint him as a skeleton for Halloween one year but refuse to put any kind of paint on him. 

Love the birthday pictures :) Give him a birthday pat from me even if it is a couple of days late!

• Jordann, SurraTazy, VitezEreD and 12 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
He's typically around 72-75 pounds ... He may be slightly more right now. I have been feeding them more lately, lots of free beef and pork, so those are staples here right now. Calvin is eating probably close to 4 pounds (a few times a week) and is staying about the same 65-68 pounds. Tank would have loved to eat all 5 pounds, but he had to share. He looked prego when he was done. Pictures don't do it justice. lol

He is a big goof, although a few weeks ago there was a drug raid at a house behind us and one of the tweakers ran out the back door (why the cops and deputies didn't have the back covered is beyond me). My 3 year old was playing outside while I was cleaning the kitchen. The boys heard the commotion and Calvin ran to the back fence and was leaping up with his head over the fence and barking so ferociously. Tank took her and pushed her towards the house but kept looking back to make sure nothing was coming to get his girl. I was out as soon as I saw the tweaker's back door fly open, and ran to get my daughter. Once I had her, Tank went to back up Calvin. Once the cops got the guy, they went back to relaxing in the sun. lol I used to say I wasn't sure the dogs would ever go into protection mode, but after that day, I no longer question them. They ate so good that night! His mom was a small black lab mutt (or so they say) and she passed a big Rottweiler breeding property and ended up at a home who had an intact, free roaming Rott. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have an Rott in him.

You need to get that paint figured out! This past Halloween there was a black Dane with a skeleton painted on him. I think that is the coolest thing! I'm thinking of shaving a Poodle cut on Tank this summer. My husband keeps saying no though. Party pooper. The things they let us do always cracks me up.
  • Iorveth, VitezEreD, Deroypini and 10 others like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Buck's about the same weight as Tank then but I would guess he's bigger since Tank is hefty and Buck is lean. Same weight, two totally different builds! Buck gets a big potbelly too. The day we discovered he won't self regulate, he ate an entire pork leg and laid around the house looking like a hippo. It was ridiculous. You know the Nigerian Dwarf goats that end up super chubby? Yea... Never again have we given him free reign to eat his fill.

I can imagine how proud you were that day! Buck, being a hound, bawls almost exclusively. He's got a nice, crystal clear howl (unlike our old neighbor's Black and Tan Coonhound) that clearly communicates when he's happy. He's got a different one for when he's upset but when he's angry... Oh, when there's someone there that shouldn't be... he roars. I don't know how else to describe it. It is the most bloodcurdling roar you've ever heard come from a dog. It's incredible. Being a hound, loud is an understatement. It's not often that you hear it but, when you do, you know there's something there that shouldn't be. Last summer I had the front door open (screen closed) because it was just too hot in the house and, around 10 pm, he roared out the screen door. I never saw what was there but we have lots of wildlife and we don't live in the suburbs but dang was he upset. He just doesn't roar for no reason. I can count all of the occasions in his 4 years on one hand. Anyone can walk up to our door and knock on it or work on the property and he's fine but skulk around like you're up to no good and he'll let you know what he thinks of you being there. I still wonder what set him off. He roared at DH once when DH burst into the house with his gas mask on and Dude backed him up. Buck was NOT going to let him any further into the house... until he realized who it was. DH is very much Buck's person. Buck and I may have our differences but I certainly do feel safer with him around, for sure. Do I think he'd physically go after someone? No, but his roar is frightening. 

We still don't know about Iorveth. The paramedics broke into our house in the middle of the night recently and DH was in the kitchen (we're on a night shift schedule and our front and only door is in our kitchen) making himself food to take to work. I couldn't see what happened because I was in the living room on the other side of the counter but DH said that Iorveth was right there with him when he confronted these people who were trying to get into our house. They had the wrong address and, while we never found out who needed the ambulance, thankfully it wasn't any of our neighbors in our little cluster of houses.

Dude... He might have backed Buck up the one time but, in reality, he would show an intruder where the valuables are then offer to carry the tv out the door. It sure does make you feel safer when your dogs, as friendly as they might be, will be there when it counts. I have never had one of my dogs go into any kind of defense mode in any kind of situation that didn't warrant it. I think most dogs are that way. Some breeds are known for it. You hear all kinds of friendly, stranger loving dogs turn guardian when their person truly is in danger. 

I really do! Because he doesn't have fur, it would go directly on his skin so I do want to make sure that it's safe. If it dries out his skin a little, no biggie, but I wouldn't want his skin to absorb anything harmful. He's a licker too so it also has to be something that, should he get some licks in, that would be okay too.  He's his winter color now (light lavender/grey/brown) but in October he's still his summer color which is a good, deep black so I think he'd look really neat all painted up. Dude kind of looks like a tricolor wolf (I've actually been asked if he's a wolf hybrid on multiple occasions) so I've always wanted to dye him to look like a dark colored wolf and chain him to the deck with one of those hollow plastic Halloween chains with a leash woven in it with a raw meaty bone on Halloween. I never know what to do with Buck. Hound of the Baskervilles, maybe? Get DH to dress up as Sherlock Holmes? Iorveth would also make a great Houndoom (Pok√©mon).

Do you ever do anything with your guys on Halloween (if you celebrate it, that is)? I know you have the two legged so your dogs aren't the priority but you can do some really cute dog and human ideas. That kid dressed like Harry Potter and his dog as Fluffy the three headed dog comes to mind. I would love to see a Neapolitan Mastiff owner dressed as Hagrid. Must write that down since we want a Neo one day :)

• VitezEreD, Deroypini, Timothytip and 8 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Happy birthday Tank!
  • Deroypini, Timothytip, Howardsi and 3 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I had a dragon costume for Tank, but he is happier to stay at home and bark at the kids walking by our back fence. Dog rarely barks, but he enjoys barking at the kids (costumed or not) on Halloween. He also likes to bark at the people who live in a duplex behind us, when they get home late from partying. If they are home at a normal time he doesn't mind, but if they are home any time after 2 he reads them the riot act. Dang mother hen. :lol:
  • Iorveth, Howardsi, Bellipn and 1 other like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,280 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

LOL! He knows nothing good happens after midnight! Smart dog!

• Howardsi, Bellipn and Altispn like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I don't know why I just noticed it, but is that white fur on the top of Tank's nose? The funky little squiggly? If so, it's really cute!

• Howardsi, Bellipn and Altispn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO