Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Teacup Yorkies

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Have you heard from the vet today? 

lovemyboys88

lovemyboys88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I am so sorry to year about your lil one! Keeping you guys in our thoughts!

marjon

marjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes. He is on fluids. At this point sounds like a guessing game. Can't get a diagnosis

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Keeping Mini Cooper in our thoughts. Please keep us posted!

marjon

marjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey guys. Sorry haven't been here awhile. Need a favor. Can you help me w some other raw meat other than chicken neck and wings. How can I balance his diet? I give him spirulina and human grade fatty acid 3 6 and 9. He also get probiotic called miracle. What else I can add?I gave them Australian lamb chop but they seem to prefer the meet a bit cooked. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Xo

marjon

marjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
BTW I have lost hope in vet medicine. I have spent so much money and agony over finding one that cares enough or know enough. All ab $. Anyways wanted to share a funny story. One of my teacup got sick cause he eats poop. My vet suggested this spray that if he ingest it nothing happens except when he poops will be very painful. I was literally dumbfounded when she said that! As if he can cognitively relate to that.since then we divorced our vet.lol its so sad when i m finding myself losing trust the so called professionals "doc"

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

How are things going?

marjon

marjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
After the vet empty my pocket. I did research got him probiotic, spirulina, and essential fatty acids. He is finally back to normal. I never got a diagnosis it was guess work which that includes unnecessary antibiotic etc. He loves his chicken neck. :)

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

3 pounder, thought the minpin was tough for finding smaller bones and such. Have you found another protein?

Have you tried your dogs on rabbit? Bones are pretty small and easier for them to get through. Quail are small and easy to eat...

We had to start on vitamin supplements as well, giving him a mix of cod liver oil, vitamin E and flax oil.

marjon

marjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I was looking at that in Harris teeter. I def will give it a try. My only concern was the rabbit wasn't from USA. And for a little tiny package priced for 28. Lol but I try it. Thank you so much.

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

That's the bonus of having a small dog, pretty cheap to feed over the course of a day.

How much are you feeding? Jagger gets about 7 - 8 ounces over the course of a day, between meals and snacks.

And jeebus, thought rabbit was expensive in the stores here. $30 for a 4 pound hare.

marjon

marjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just went to store and got it. I don't keep up w how much I feed them. I make sure they have food at all times since they r so small. I do waist a lot cause if they don't eat it in 2 hours I toss it. So that's where it becomes expensive. I find them extremely finicky

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Maybe you should look at scheduled feedings? Less waste, and maybe a little less finicky when they are fed while hungry? Scheduled makes it easier when we take him with us anywhere. We take him camping and fishing, he knows what time he should be eating and he does a good job letting us know he's hungry.

How did the rabbit go over?

When Jagger was on commercial food, GF always kept food in the dish for him, he was free to eat any time of day. Could hear him snacking throughout at night time. Not a typical minpin, he didn't overeat. When switched to raw, I was concerned about scheduled feedings as he wasn't used to it. Easy switch with him, that concerned me as I didn't want to be leaving raw meat in the dish. So we started feeding twice a day - 7 am and 5 pm. He'll get a snack at night otherwise he's up @ 5 am squawking for food. We did worry about him eating enough for the first few days, but that didn't take long to quash.

Now that spring has hit and he's more active, we probably have to give him more food in each meal. He'll drop weight fast over the summer.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Have you thought about guinea pigs, rats, or day old chicks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO