Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New To Raw From Dallas Tx

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Hello everyone! I stumbled across this forum through germansheperds.com. I have a 4mo old german working line gsd pup and looking to start raw feeding. We live in the west Plano area of the dfw metroplex

• Jordann likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Great to have you! We love pictures! GSDs are such good dogs.

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Welcome! :) Have you checked out the "Getting Started" page? It offers a good guideline for starting this type of feeding (raw). http://preymodelraw....el-raw-diet-r19

Feel free to ask whatever questions you may have.

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I checked the getting started before i even introduced myself. Very impressed! I'll get some pictures up soon. I'm just trying to do all the leg work and get set up before I make the switch. My 2 biggest issues are sourcing the meat and storing it since I live in an apartment.

• naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Check to see if there is a raw feeding co-op in your area (I thought there was). There is an article that has a bunch of raw feeding co-ops around the country. Talk to meat department managers of grocery stores to see if they can help you out with meat. Talk to restaurants to find out who their suppliers are and then call the suppliers. Some will work with raw feeders. If there are any zoos, wild life parks, or those types of places around you, give them a call and see where they get their meat from. :)
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Thanks I never thought about the zoo. I also see a billboard for a wild life refuge or something everyday on my way to work.

I plan on buying a house next year so I can get a chest freezer or something like that. I'm not sure how filling up the freezer with raw meats will go over with the fiancĂ©. She's all for the raw idea but doesn't want mentor take over our kitchen lol

• Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I hope the zoo and wildlife refuge turn up some new leads for you.

She won't mind when she sees now wonderful, he is doing she will be all for it. :)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

THE ZOO!!! Duh!!!!! Feeding raw for six years, and the zoo never even crossed my mind! I'm going to check with them for their sources as well. Thanks Jordann!  :jig:

My luck will be that they feed kibble! LOL!

• Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I thought of something you haven't thought of, Jenny??? :startle: :startle: :startle:

I hope they turn up something for you! Can't wait to hear the results. :)
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

LOL! I'll let you know!  :D

• Jordann likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO