Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New To Raw, Confused More Than Anything Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Mayonnaise can be upsetting. Since she has been fine until eating the sandwich, it sounds like that may be the culprit. After eating a lot of beef and deer, my dog isn't so keen on chicken (though he will eat it). I gave him chicken today and he looked at me like "hey, where's that good stuff?" It is normal for a dog to not want to eat for a day, maybe two, if they don't feel well. I think she should be OK fasting for a short time. Just make sure she has water.

Chicken is the cheapest and easiest meat for me to get. I saw a beef tongue in the store for over $30! I started raising some of my own animals for meat. Rabbit and duck are hard to find; rabbit can be expensive (around $7/lb). I have also been fortunate enough to meet a meat processor who was going to give me beef (for free). Since I want to keep the relationship going, I pay him something at pickup (which includes whatever he has leftover). There is no way I could get the amount of beef he gives me for that price at the store (it would easily be 3+ times more expensive).

Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Shes doing much better no more cannon butt for 2 days lol.

Ended up giving her some immodium which stopped the urge of going every half hour or so.

Introduced lamb again today just waiting to see how her tummy responds to it tomorrow.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
How is Kita doing?

Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Shes doing OKish.... 

Her stools are going from solid to loose. Shes back on chicken again today. then going to start from there. It feels like im never going to get her fully transitioned.

Going to monitor her stools on chicken again then slowly start to introduce mutton or beef. 

One thing I noticed actually was when I give her big pieces she seems to regurgitate it an then eat it slowly after that. 

She regurgitated at least 3 times this week but then always eats it back up. 

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

As long as she eats it back up again, that's fine. Sounds like she is eating to fast. I haven't read back through all the posts, but have you tried to feed it to her frozen, or partially frozen? That tends to slow them a good bit.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
The regurgitation part sounds like she may not be chewing the pieces enough to get them down her throat. Calvin sometimes will get bored with trying to chew a piece of meat apart and will swallow but then gags it back up. It always comes up long, like he almost got it chewed off, but didn't quite get it all the way. (if that makes sense).

Pompom mama

Pompom mama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi i saw your replies and would like to take your advice

I hbe 2 years pomeranian and 4 months

I give them raw mince beef mornign and last meal will be meat 95 %
But you mention to start with only bonse like nickes and wings
Do u mean that I can give them 1 chicken wing for breakfast and one for dinner ?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Yes, you could give one wing in the morning, and one in the evening.

You will probably get more replies if you start a new thread on your own topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO