Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gsd Pup Dog Reactive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
My 4 mo gsd pup is super reactive to other dogs. This is mainly on leash. I live in a super dog friendly neighborhood and every time we get within sight of another dog he goes crazy barks growls lunges everything. He is well socialized in controlled environments as we go to puppy school and socializations. Most of the time he is calmer at these functions including when he goes to doggy daycare. The problem is that nothing will break his attention once he passes threshold. I'm going to talk to the trainers about it more at our next class. They have had a few ideas but nothing works! He can be handled in controlled environments but when every corner you turn you meet another dog everything is a surprise and it scares the hell out of other owners. He is just a puppy and it is mostly excitement that presents in the form of aggression but it's a highly unwanted behavior. I need ideas quick. We will probably schedule a private lesson with one of the dog manners master trainers. I really have big plans for him in agility and obedience but this is going to hinder him greatly.

LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAustralia

This is great point! And my trainer said same thing, do not react differently when other dog is approaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO