Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Need Poo Expert Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

So we haven't started the pmr just yet as we are still getting set up and ready to start. In the mean time Gunner has been switched from blue to Merrick. During the switch he has developed massive explosive liquid diarrhea which is nothing but poo water nothing solid at all. He is now burping and throwing up the same thing... poo water. Need ideas to help calm this down. I'm not yet worried enough for a vet.  

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

It sounds like the switch was either too fast for him, or the Merrick isn't setting well with him. Do you have any bone in chicken yet to start raw?

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I'm picking up a few pounds of quarters today. I guess this is the best time to start. His tummy can't get any worse. I was trying to wait until next month when I move into a house and have a freezer to start but looks like we don't have a choice now.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Be sure to remove skin/fat for the first few feedings. You may need to start with backs for the first week if you can find them, since they are much bonier. Then move on to the quarters. 

cpboyers

cpboyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I gave him the first raw meal today started with only a drumstick from the leg quarter. He went crazy waiting for it. Big puddle of drool in the kitchen, he started barking and howling and crying. It was so funny. This morning I gave him 2 cans of chicken breast and a glob of pumpkin. He had his first solid poo about 1 hour after the raw chicken  

• Jordann likes this

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I'd lay off the canned chicken titties but canned pumpkin can totally help with the cannon butt.

• peppersmom1889 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO