Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

6 Months Old Akita Feeling Bad Ever Since I Started Him On Raw

- - - - - diarrhea

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

niniraymond

niniraymond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello Eveyone!

My Akita of 6 months is a very picky eater. he is supposed to eat 4 cups a day of Kibble but sometimes he just ate like 1 or 2 du to his appetite.He would smell the Kibble then go to sleep or go to play with his toy.  Also, his poop were never that hard.. Always had a 1/4 end of the poop loose. But he was energic and happy and cooperative. 

When I had him he went on Eukanuba (chicken) for 2 weeks... then had a 24h diarrhea (when he vomit, rennu stool, explosive like every 2 h he would have to go outside to Poop. He would rest for the next 24h and hard poop will come back at the end of the 24h without pooping. Well..... it happed alson on a VET food and a specialized  GI food.  So I red a lot about intolerence and I told It might be to chicken. So I went on a salmon food and the entire months was okay... Some loose stool du to excitement but NO diarrhea. Then I switch to pork one because he wasn't eating the end of the Samon Bag.

So I wanted to start him on Raw Feeding or BARF. So that he would have more energy with me and that his poop would be better and that he will always eat!!!

I'm from Qc,canada so there is a group on facebook and a girl that help us so mch she even wrote a book to help us to start.

So I started with a 18h00 last. Then I started with raw chicken part (leg, wings and back) for twice a day.

First day no poop. My dog was different.... always lying down no energy, didn't want to play, to cooperate but drink and eat well.

2nd days: no poop but really calm , lying dog he slept like all day long. 

3nd day morning: loose liquid stool. (he was alway on chicken) at lunch Explosive diarrhea, then at diner time Again diarrhea, runny poop brown. No blood, not black. And the for every 2h he had to go to poop again until 3hAM. 

This morning he is very inactive alway lyind down. He hasn't poop for 6 hours now So I think the 24h is Over now.... Tonight I will start the mix chicken-beef- organs- bones all chopped. lots of people out here use that as transition... i don't know why I didn't a girl told me that i woul have to stick to One protein be it wasn't all chopped. 

So I'm just wondering..... is it chicken intolerance? because he went trough all the same behavior, same diharrea episode that he had on Kibble. I just want to return to Acana kibble because he has no energy he feeling soo bad... :( And that meke me sad too.

And I don't want him to loose weight too much he is not big yet... Thanks for help!

• Furypn and Bellipn like this

peppersmom1889

peppersmom1889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

How long has the diarrhia and lethargy been going on? Could be a parasite, Pepper was exactly like that when she had Giardia

niniraymond

niniraymond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

He has all his vaccine. He was like this since we started on Raw with Chicken. Ever since he finish his first meal.... he went to lay down and he was kind of crying.... then he was always bad.. even when I visited my parents  they told me he is sooo quiet.... Usually he is alway with my mom in the kitchen......!

So Yesterday (3nd days) he did had the run in the morning, at lunch time and at 10PM night. I change him to Turckey Yesterday (smal meal only meat with pumpkin and probiotics) hedid all the night and this morning he didn't go for poop... but he is alway like in a bad mood..... lay down 

He is alert, he drinks and eat have apetite... Even to chicken that make him sick.....

So well... we are on Turkey and eventually turkey and Salmon (a mix) form a distributor here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diarrhea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO