Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Meet Reba!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I promise I am working on getting pictures posted, but Wayne has been wanting an Australian Shepherd puppy to go to work with him everyday. He found a red merle girl last week who he fell in love with. We picked her up Thursday evening, and she has been going to work with Wayne everyday. She is from the same breeder we got Aussie from, so we are excited about that! She's his half sister. Same mom, different dad.

About an hour after getting her home, she had her first raw meal of a chicken drumstick. I figured I was going to have to smash it a little at first for her like I have all the others, but decided to try first without and see what she did with it. I even left the skin and just told Wayne to watch her poops and see how they are, then we would go from there. Well, she peeled off the skin first, then ate most of the meat off the bone, then just plowed through the bone like it was nothing. She's 9 weeks old, and the FIRST of any of ours as puppies who has done that. AND, poops are perfect!  :jig: Reba has her own little "lunch box" Wayne takes with her and puts in the fridge in the tack room (it's a horse farm). His boss raises and competes with Labs in some sort of bird hunting trials, so she brought one of her crates into the tack room for her mid day nap. 

I'm working on pictures, because the cuteness is off the charts!! 

• RichardRes likes this

peppersmom1889

peppersmom1889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Awesome, can't wait to see pictures! :)

• naturalfeddogs and RichardRes like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I cannot wait to see her! So she may be a gigantor like Aussie? :)

What does everyone think about having a puppy at home?
  • RichardRes likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Everyone has been really nice to her. Shadow is the only one who we have to watch close right now. He's not very tolerant of her. She and Copper play all the time! Copper loves her.

I don't think Reba will be as big as Aussie at all. Same mom, and she is small. Aussie's dad passed a couple of years ago, so this is a different dad and he is more "normal" sized. I'm thinking she will be closer to Copper size, which is right for a female. 

She's also a real light merle, and I hope she stays that way too.

• RichardRes likes this

lovemyboys88

lovemyboys88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Awww a baaaby 😄 cant wait to see pics!!
  • naturalfeddogs and RichardRes like this

lovemyboys88

lovemyboys88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Awww a baaaby 😄 cant wait to see pics!!
  • RichardRes likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
That's good almost everyone loves her! Tank isn't a puppy fan, either.

She sounds gorgeous! :)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Maybe this picture will work...DSCFO142.JPG

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I see nothing :(

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Dang.... I'll keep working on it. I'm really starting to think it's my computer, more than me. Every time I try to look at other pictures that have a download type link to them, a screen pops up saying I "don't have permission to view".  :notfair:

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I have the same problem, but when people post pictures with the [ img ] link [ / img ] (without the spaces) I'm able to see the picture. I'm on an iPad. It hasn't always been this way, just within the past few months. :( Has Shadow gotten used to Reba being in the house yet?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Shadow is really just a jerk all the way around. He's such a grump! He is annoyed with Reba, and any of the others that come too close to him most of the time. I think he has a bad attitude geneticaly, because his mood swings are so random. When we are gone, we have to put him in his and Kirby's room by himself, because he will jump on Lucky. She's the only one so far he has physically done anything too, but he will get stiff and walk past any of the others growling, including Reba. He's aggravating for sure! 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Oh wow!

Tank really dislikes unruly puppies. Luckily our friend allows Tank to put his puppy in her place (he is never mean to her, just lets her know the boundaries.) Can't say I blame him, if I had my pick I'd take the adult dog over a puppy any day. But that may have to deal with having two little kids. :lol:
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Yea, then you would have 3 little kids if you had a puppy! Reba is just like having a 2 year old kid in the house again! 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I'll pass thanks. lol A 3 year old, 10 and a half month old, and a puppy? Pull my hair out now please. :lol:

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

LOL! I thought so!  :lol:

• Jordann likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

So... Still no pictures of this puppy yet? Shame on you! 

I LOOOVE red merles. I don't think Aussies are the breed for me, but I sure do reconsider every time I see a red merle. I normally like blue merles in any breed, but the red merle Aussies are just something else!

I prefer puppies because you have a clean slate to start with that you can raise up any way you want. Then again, I don't have kids in the mix too! Some of my best memories are of our dogs as pups though.

ETA: I do feel the need to add that I cried more than once from lack of sleep during the first two weeks we had Iorveth so I do very much understand someone's preference for an adult!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

I have tried and tried to get pictures up, but nothing I do works. 

Reba is five months now, and WIRED up all the time!!! Wayne calls her a "hellion" because you just can't slow her down, and shes into everything! 

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Iorveth was into everything. He didn't tear things up or make messes, but he just felt the need to be in the middle of everything when we were doing something and, if we weren't, finding something to get into by himself. He still gets into those moods where we'll hear rustling behind us, know he's up to no good, and give a sharp, "Iorveth!" and it stops. A minute or two later, we hear a different noise coming from somewhere else and it's him again. Rinse and repeat until we call him over and make him just lay down. It's really funny, to be honest, because it's like he's looking for something to get into.

It wasn't so funny when he was a puppy though, because it was ALL THE TIME. And he DIDN'T SLEEP as a puppy. He took short, quick catnaps, but he was right back to hell raising 15 minutes later. He didn't just zonk out like every other puppy I've ever had. "Oh, babies need lots of sleep. You can catch a nap when they do. You'll have a number of opportunities throughout the day where your puppy will give you time to nap." Not this puppy!And when he was awake, he was on full blast. Smart though. Learned fast. He's mellowed out into a pretty darn awesome dog and he's only two so he's still a ways off yet from actually maturing into an adult brained Xolo. They mature pretty late. 

Don't give up on pictures! I would LOVE to see Miss Reba.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

I laughed out loud when I read your post! That's JUST like us with Reba. It's constant "Reba, no!"  "Reba, what is that? What do you have?"  "Reba, drop it!"  LOL! 

But, I must say, she does at least sleep. But when she wakes up, she's just been re energized to get into more of anything she can. :wacko:

• Iorveth likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO