Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Success...sort Of

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Choco

Choco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just switched our 2 dogs to raw. 1 is a fox terrier(4 years old) and the other a doberman puppy (3 months old). Im happy to say that they both love raw meat. I have fed the fox terrier raw in the past for a couple months and noticed...

-increased energy and playfulness

-clearer eyes (almost looked cataracts when fed kibble)

-smaller less stinky poops

-brighter colored fur

-softer coat

Im sure this is no surprise to you all.

We resently moved to a cattle ranch area and have access to meat of all kinds, at very cheap prices, and 100%grass fed. So, obviosly we switched our new puppy to a raw diet. This time it was successful thanks to this website. I was trying tripe and beef at first and she got the squirts. After researching this site I switched to bony chicken and tried again with SUCCESS. She is thriving on it with way more energy and less ear gunk. she used to sleep half the day. now she plays mostly and takes maybe 2 short, half hour naps. However just yesterday our fox terrier became ill and threw up. she is passing blood and has diarrhea. she vomits foamy white mucus and isnt eating at all. I don't think it is a lodged bone since she has eaten hundreds of chicken bones in the past, but all it takes is one. Anyway she was thriving before this happened and I have no idea what is wrong. She is also one of those dogs that like to "find" random things to eat such as poop, old food, chicken bones,etc. We took her to the beach yesturday and she maybe ate an old squid or something. Any Ideas? Just want to make sure its not a "bone stuck in the intestine" problem. Thanks

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Not sure what your girl may have gotten into. You may want to have a fecal done by the vet. Just let them know this started after a trip to the beach and she likes to "find" things. Best wishes!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I'm happy to hear everything was going well until this point!

A few months ago there was a user who thought her dog had a chicken foot lodged somewhere. They ended up taking him to the vet and it turned out to be rat poison. He is also a finder. I'll try to find the link to that thread.

I'm sorry she's not feeling well! :(

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Here it is! http://preymodelraw....oison#entry9115

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

It sounds like she got into something. How is she doing now?

Choco

Choco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi people, sorry for the late response. She got better and is doing just fine. Thanks for the replies. 

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Glad to hear she is better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO