Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Raw Whole Vs Ground

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jmy1419

jmy1419

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been doing a lot of research on raw for my soon to be American Bulldog pup. I've noticed many concerns regarding sharp bones and swallowing pieces whole. Would grinding raw meats in bulk avoid these issues or am I missing something beneficial about serving whole meat pieces? Thank you

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

If you feed large enough cuts of meat, they won't be able to swallow it whole. By feeding ground, you will be missing one of the main benefits of raw. The mental stimulation of chewing and tearing large chunks of meat, and the huge dental benefits of chewing through whole bones. Just don't feed bones that have been artificially cut. Those are the ones that tend to have unusually sharp edges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO