Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Snakes!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Does anyone else here have snakes? I'm looking to get a third soon, right now I have a ball python (5 years old) and a Kenyan sand boa (about 3 years old).

My ball python is named Sahara and she's a sweetie and the perfect example of what a ball python should be :).

100_7073_zps51f4939e.jpg

100_7071_zpsa0afd808.jpg

My Kenyan sand boa is named Kenya because I'm unoriginal :P. She was a shy snake as a baby and is unfortunately rather aggressive these days! She's quite nippy for a sand boa but I don't mind, I didn't buy her to handle or anything, I just think they're interesting!

100_7006_zps69d8a58c.jpg

Kenya when she was younger:

14484_600_zpsc7140c3e.jpg

Post photos of your snakes here :). I'd love to see them!

• Pixel likes this

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
Lovely snakes :)

No snakes yet, but I'm hoping to get a ball python in a few months if everything works out. Im doing all my research first. I think my friends going to get a sand boa in October. Very pretty snakes.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
I love snakes! I don't think I would ever keep them for pets though....I have enough on my plate LOL!

Gorgeous reptiles you have :)

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Lovely snakes :)

No snakes yet, but I'm hoping to get a ball python in a few months if everything works out. Im doing all my research first. I think my friends going to get a sand boa in October. Very pretty snakes.

Ball pythons are awesome! The biggest issue is some of them can be hard to switch to frozen foods but mine wasn't that hard.

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

IMG_1816_zps32372927.jpg

ferretsjune2011027.jpg

I have a female western hognose I got a few months back and a male bp I've had for 7 years.  My boss is afraid of snakes but likes the bp and actually tried to buy him off me lol! 

• Pixel and swolek like this

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Nice snakes :). Ball pythons are the best.

Britt0325

Britt0325

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJersey
I love snakes. I personally don't plan on getting one but I think my SO is planning on getting a ball python eventually. So that way I can enjoy having one without the responsibility since it'll technically be his job to care for it. :)

Otherwise, I REALLY like Rainbow Boas and Green Tree Pythons! Those are more exotic though and I've never personally seen one so I'm not sure how I would ever find one to own.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I'm not a snake person by no means, but I have seen some that do have beautiful patterns.  

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I'm officially insane. Since posting this thread in August, I've managed to acquire THREE more snakes. I picked up another Kenyan sand boa and a Colombian rainbow boa at a reptile expo because I'm crazy. Then a friend of mine offered me an anery Kenyan sand boa for free and I really couldn't say no. I mean, what's another small mouth to feed? I have plenty of mice and rats in the freezer already...

Meet my new friends!

Gobi, 2 year old stripe Kenyan sand boa, hoping to breed this guy:

100_7172_zps1986dc5d.jpg

100_7189_zps2d5cc993.jpg

Morris, a baby Colombian rainbow boa and absolute sweetheart:

100_7175_zps03ace025.jpg

100_7178_zpsbfbcdc27.jpg

100_7186_zps37f4f710.jpg

And last but not least, Vulcan, a 10 month old anery Kenyan sand boa:

100_7183_zpsb42ad495.jpg

Vulcan was rehomed because my friend had gone to college and her mom didn't mind caring for the reptiles...except Vulcan. Reasons being that he's a problem feeder, problem shedder, and a bit timid/nippy at times. I don't mind any of that so he came to live with me :).

PS I want a Dumeril's boa...someone stop me...

• Prey Model Raw and Pixel like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

They're so cool! I love boas....if I kept snakes I would get boas like you have! But I have a zoo already LOL

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I love snakes! Yours are all very beautiful and look healthy!

My 5th grade teacher had 11 snakes in the classroom.  He would group us into 4 and then set a cage on each group, and feed it a live mouse. It was definitely one awesome 5th grade class!  :D

I was very close to owning a California King snake a few month ago but my sister decided she wanted to keep him. 

Attached Files

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I have considered a dumeril's, they seem like a nice good smaller sized "big" snake but not as flashy as I like.  I am planning on adding a nice blood python eventually but also looking for one more smaller snake, sand boas are on the radar but not sure what I'll get.  Have to buy some cages first.  It's tough, there's a lot of nice looking and interesting snakes out there but I don't want thirty of them.  Gotta be picky. 

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I have considered a dumeril's, they seem like a nice good smaller sized "big" snake but not as flashy as I like.  I am planning on adding a nice blood python eventually but also looking for one more smaller snake, sand boas are on the radar but not sure what I'll get.  Have to buy some cages first.  It's tough, there's a lot of nice looking and interesting snakes out there but I don't want thirty of them.  Gotta be picky. 

Blood pythons kinda scare me, I've just met so many nippy ones and they bite HARD. I still sort of want one eventually, though, they're gorgeous animals.

Kenyan sand boas are a lot of fun but not a good choice if you want to see your snake :P. You mostly just see their heads poking up. Mine aren't active above the sand unless it's feeding day. I do like how they look and feel, though, plus they come in a lot of neat morphs now. They're sort of addicting...

I figure that since I'm not doing the saltwater aquarium thing now (moving too frequently), I'd switch from having fish tanks everywhere to having snake tanks everywhere :P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO