Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Wichita Ks.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

D. Woodworth

D. Woodworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS.

I'm a dog person not a computer person, so this may not work. We have 3 Boxers,(2) 6 mo, old pups and a 2 year old girl, and a 16 year old Cocker.

Ducky and Pepper the pups go in to get "fixed" next week so we are going very slow on the full raw diet until they are recovered. We hope to begin in earnist in a few weeks.

Right now my biggest question is about vets. Mine went nuts when i mentioned a raw diet, I changed vets, is this a normal thing?

Any Pictures will be posted by my computer literate grandaughter.

Thank you.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Great to have you! I know EXACTLY what you mean by not being a computer person. Me either! I am totally computer stupid! 

Good for you deciding to feed raw. And yes, that is normal for the majority of vets out there. They get very little courses on canine nutrition in vet school. What little they do get, comes from big kibble companies generally purina. They tend to fund most college nutrition courses. The vets office is full of kibbles, and all the vets know about those is what the reps tell them to sell their product. It's unfortunant, but the way they are. You will just have to nicely remind them that your dog is YOUR dog and what you feed is YOUR choice. Not theirs. You can look around in your area, and maybe you will get lucky and find one who is ok with it. If you do, stick with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO