Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Our First Family Pet!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BeefCake2015

BeefCake2015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

We welcomed our first family pet, Quincy, into our home about three weeks ago.  He was the piece of the family we didn't know was missing!

His name is Quincy, and he's an American Bully puppy (2 years old).  He's a rescue, and he's perfect.  He was never abused, but he was left in a crate for 15+ hours a day most of his life, with no interaction with other animals.  He was definitely meant to be with us!

My son is 5, and thrilled to have a new friend.  He's so easy going, so gentle, and so docile.  He never chews on anything he shouldn't, he's never had an accident, and he is so very attached to us. He sleeps in our bed with us, and always has to be near one of us at all times.  

We've been feeding him high-end kibble that the rescue lady gave us to start with, but after a ton of research, we've decided that the PDR is the way to go.  We try to eat a healthy, whole food diet, why shouldn't he?!  We're really excited about this endeavor, and so grateful for such a good community!

• Iorveth, Howardsi, Gemma2015 and 25 others like this

lovemyboys88

lovemyboys88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Oh he is beautiful!! Glad you found your new baby and welcome on your new journey into PMR!
  • Howardsi, Furypn, exitmefrery and 7 others like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! So glad to have you, and congrats for rescuing Quincy and feeding him raw. He has a great life ahead of him for sure!

• Howardsi, Furypn, exitmefrery and 6 others like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Oh, my favorite is the one on the couch where he's asleep. The one with the red emotion guy on the back of the couch (sorry, haven't seen that movie yet). 

He sure got lucky. And YOU got lucky with such a nice temperament! Being locked up in a crate like that for so long all the time can really do a number on a dog's brain. A friend of mine "rescued" (one of those Craigslist dogs that she couldn't just leave there) a Xolo who had been in the same situation. He was in the crate all night while they slept then all day when they were at work/school. They loved him, but they just didn't know how to take care of him. 

I would be willing to bet that breed had a lot to do with it too. Xolos are primitive and situations like that can drive them into a feral state of mind. 

Dogs in these situations are very lucky to have people like my friend and people like you to take them on and welcome them into the family even though they may carry some baggage. 

Quincy is VERY handsome and I hope you have many wonderful years with him. I bet he is just so thrilled that he now lives with people who love him and don't make him live life with bars between him and his people.

• Howardsi, Furypn, Bellipn and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO