Hey Guys! It has been such a long time since I last posted here. Both Samson and Roo are doing so well on raw! Roo just started her first heat on Monday (she is 15 months old). Obviously, she isn't spayed yet - our breeder recommended waiting until after the first or second heat so that she could develop longer. Samson is still intact - he is 2 years old and we are considering having him neutered at 3 years old. I won't justify my decisions of to spay/neuter or not or the timing of the procedure as that's a whole other topic! I am looking for advice from those who have both an intact bitch and dog on how to properly keep them separated during these next three weeks. As of now, Samson isn't trying to mount her or anything, but I know in a few days he will be extremely motivated to mate. My current plan for separation is to keep Samson in our closet/bathroom (which means there would be 3 locked doors in between him and the living room) and let Ruby have house privileges. And then rotate them so that Ruby would be in her crate in the living room and Samson would be outside in the yard. I have absolutely ZERO option of boarding him or having a friend keep him for a couple weeks so I have to manage them both in the same house. I was feeling confident in my ability to do this, but after reading some horror stories, I am now having a bit of a panic. I am even thinking about having Samson neutered this week so that he won't have to be stressed during her heat. THOUGHTS??? ADVICE???
PS - I attached a few photos of Samson and Roo