Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2Yo Belgian Malinois - Casey

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Chicken backs will be fine, and if you can remove any skin and fat that may be on them as well. That can contribute to loose poops as well.

weaksause

weaksause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
thanks. ive been removing the fat on the top of back and fat where i think the wings would be. theyre skinless to begin with.

this morning was not loose. but i think her belly acid is doing some catch up

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Well, not loose is a good start! Keep us posted!

weaksause

weaksause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Her poop was good today!

She ate her 1st chicken leg last night. She seemed to be a little overwhelmed at first, picked off the lower leg. Then i think she thought screw it and she chomped the bone down. She is very satisfied with herself when she is finished. I love it.

Casey is a very active dog. Her daily routine looks like: 1.5 hr training in the morning, be my service dog throughout the day, 2.5hr hike (ie constantly 0chasing a ball from the chuckit while i take a hike) in the evening and 3/7 days training at schutzhund club. The other 4/7 i give her an extra training for an hr in the evening prior to our hike. Yesterday i fed her 700g appx. Ie 3.3% of her body weight. Anyone with working dogs on a raw diet here?

My cat is increasingly interested. Id love to switch her too, but i have always given her a weeks pile of food on her cat tree and left it. She gets anxious and constantly bothers me when its running low. She is a perfect weight (and a tiny cat hence the week worth in a cereal bowl) . I can weigh her on the kitchen scale, lol.

Are there any guides out there for cats specifically? The starter guide on this site is great but theres nothing about trouble shooting with cats.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Cats are strange. The younger they are, the easier it is to start them on raw. As long as you have plenty of heart meat for taurine, and you can't "wait them out" like you can a dog. They can be difficult to raw feed sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO