Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Family Member!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama
A couple of weeks ago, we welcomed a little red bi aussie girl into the family! Her name is Rodeo and such a sweetie! Sort of a long story behind her, but she is a full sister to Reba, and half sister to our blue merle boy Aussie. She was an "oops" litter, and the last one the breeder is going to have. She seemed to want them gone in a hurry, and called me to help spread the word for some good homes. Of course, I saw Rodeo's picture and hooked I was! Once we went and actually saw her though, I'm pretty sure she was at the time maybe only four or five weeks old. Breeder insisted she was six weeks, and that she would do fine with me. She has been fine, but the chicken necks I bought to start her on had to be ground for her to eat them. All is good, and she is pure wound up energy! Wayne calls her a hellion. Ha Ha!
  • RichardRes likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

ANOTHER ONE??? I can't even convince DH we need to bring home ONE. I kind of agree since we're renting, just bought the pony, and can't even agree on a breed, but come one... Iorveth needs a puppy! He is still such a puppy himself even though he's closing in on 3 years old that a puppy would thrill him. 

We can't wait until we live where we don't have to consider the feelings but anyone other than ourselves when thinking about a new animal. I love my landlords who are also our neighbors, but I hate thinking about them whenever we make any kind of decision.

• RichardRes likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
Yea, we are at our limit for sure right now! She was a birthday present from Wayne. I can't get pictures on here (in fact, I'm having posting issues. Natalie and Jon can't find anything wrong), but there are some pics @ DFC. It's the only place I can post pictures. I'm not thrilled with her breeders anymore, but that's another story.
  • Iorveth and RichardRes like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

It's too bad you're having issues. I'll have to check her out on DFC. It's sad when a breeder you like ends up going in a direction that changes your opinion about them. I hope being separated from her litter so early won't be an issue for her. Perhaps she'll benefit from you having so many other dogs. Not as good as her litter, sure, but she will still be learning dog manners and behavior from the rest. How does Reba like having another baby around? Or is Rodeo still too young to really get to play with her?

• RichardRes likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
Reba and Rodeo are best friends. They have a blast! Reba will get a little rough with her, but Rodeo comes right back at her and the next thing you know, they are doing zoomies through the house. She gets along with everybody (shadow is just indifferent and prefers to stay away from her), and they seem to be teaching her doggie "social" behavior as well. So yes, having several others seems to help her and she's adjusted well. I think she is just NOW six weeks old, maybe seven. She pretty much still had mostly gums when we brought her home, so she has had to have a lot of ground meals. I bought some chicken necks as soon as we got her, and had to run them through the grinder for her to get bone. Now, she's able to get through cornish hen and smaller turkey necks on her own.

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I've never had two dogs closer in age than Buck and Iorveth and they are (I think) a year and 8 months apart. Buck's 4.5 years old now so he is kind of through that stage in life where he wants to play all the time. They're best friends too, but Iorveth bugs the heck out of Buck because he is still ALWAYS up to play and Buck gets tired of it. I planned to have at least 1.5-2 years in between so I could get one finished up before having to focus on another, but having two a little closer to the same age, a year or so apart, would have been nice. Then again, it was nice having aged, mature Dude to teach them manners too. Buck was easy because Dude was 7 and so low maintenance. Buck was still young and needy when we got Iorveth. 

I'm glad having to bring home such a young puppy has gone well for you. Sometimes things just happen. I remember Linsey telling the story about how she got Zailey, her merle girl. It was a long story but, in the end, Zailey was better off with Linsey at just a few weeks old that had she left her there. I hope to never be in that position. I think I would feel overwhelmed.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
I remember that about Linsey and Zaily now that you mention it. Sort of the same idea here with Rodeo.

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Do you have any pictures? I'm sure she's adorable! :)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
I do, but I can't get them to post on here. In fact, I can't even post posts normal anymore, and I'm missing all the icons at the top of my posting box to do anything. I have no idea why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO