Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone Have A Dream Dog Breed List?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

lauren43

lauren43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

I sure do.  And every day it seems to get longer and longer.  I am going to need to have 4 dogs at a time for the rest of my life to ever complete my goal LOL!!

Here's mine:

Top 8

Greyhound

Irish Wolfhound

Borzoi

Saint Bernard

German Shepherd

Belgian Malinois

Rescued 3 legged dog

Pull a dog from death row

These aren't exactly must have's like the top 8 but other breeds I adore:

Great Dane 

Doberman

Mastiff (either English, French or Bull--but probably only one)

Australian Shepherd

Border Collie

Bernese Mountain Dog

Akita

Wolf Hybrid-rescue only

Certain dogs on my list I would only get if I had a planned job for or if I ended up with a house on a lot of land (as in over 6 acres)...

• RichardRes likes this

amkuska

amkuska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Chihuahuas are my dream dog. :) When raised correctly they're full of energy, versatile, and up to the challenge of big dog tasks...without having to pay for the food or scooping the poop piles of a large dog.

Hard to believe I didn't like them until my husband's dog won me over. <3

• RichardRes likes this

lauren43

lauren43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

I don't like little dogs as a general rule but I've always wanted a Chi.  Just got my boy Lincoln about 2 months ago, and besides his inability to be potty trained I love him!!

• RichardRes likes this

amkuska

amkuska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

He's adorable! Chihuahuas are pretty hard to potty train. I got my dog Leia at 9 months of age, and she'd been trained to go potty on the carpet. Intentionally. You can imagine how hard that was to break.

She will still potty in the house under certain conditions, so we have to keep a baby fence up gating off the part of the house I can't see

• RichardRes likes this

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

There are a lot of dogs I would like to own but most of them I probably won't.  

I most likely won't ever have a Great Dane or a GWP.  I'd love a Flat Coated Retriever.

Gunner is my dream dog but only because he is a total package.  The breed is not one that I generally desire unless they are like Gunner.  

• RichardRes likes this

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

We are going to get a dane and a greyhound  :D

I also like newfs/landseers.  I think maybe someday.
I'd also like a greater swiss mountain dog and a bernese mountain dog.

Husband wants an Ibizian and/or a pharaoh hound.

• RichardRes likes this

Britt0325

Britt0325

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJersey
I have a pretty long list of dog breeds I would like to own.

Most likely my next dog will be a APBT, Rottie, or GSD because those are the breeds my SO really wants and I would love to get as well.

I would like to get an Akita, Malamute, or Finnish Lapphund as well.

He can have "his" dog and I'll have "mine" lol.

Preferably I would like to get all of the above breeds at some point throughout my life as well as a couple others like a Besenji, Dobie, Pharaoh Hound, and Czechoslovakian wolfdog.
  • RichardRes likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
I already pretty much own my dream dogs....I'm a Dane enthusiast through and through.

Although, my dream dog is a Panda baby. I'm very excited for her upcoming litter this next spring. I've been waiting for over 5 years!
  • jdatwood and RichardRes like this

Ravena

Ravena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Haha my list used to be breeds of horses...I now have my second shepherd after a 8year break of no dogs which drove me crazy!

I would love to have another labrador, my family used to breed black working-line labs. 

Other than that;

Belgian Malinois

Viezla

Rhodesian ridgeback

Karelian bearhound

Red setter

Although I think our next dog (once Nova is a couple years old) will be a rescue, so I've no idea which one will catch our eye!

• RichardRes likes this

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

My top favorite breeds are the following (in no particular order):

1) APBT

2) American Staffordshire Terrier

3) Staffordshire Bull Terrier

4) Jindo

5) Belgian Tervuren

6) Papillon

Realistically speaking I will not be getting a second small dog for a long long time (I already have a little 7.5 lbs rescue), and pit bull type dogs are out of the question atm since I am most likely moving to a place where BSL is in effect. Also I love the look of a Belgian Tervuren but there's no way I would be able to own such a drivey dog so... I am arranging to adopt a Jindo rescue from Korea at the moment :)

• GimMom and RichardRes like this

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
The list is so long I forget breeds.lol

In no particular order:
1-Beauceron
2-Rotti
3-aussie(s)
4-malinois
5-standard xolo
6-corgi
7-borzoi
8-Irish wolfhound
9-bull terrier
10-cattle dog(blue)
11-dobi
12-frenchie
13-Shiba
14-Thai ridgeback
15-Rhodesian ridgeback
  • RichardRes likes this

Wolfsnaps

Wolfsnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Dream as in, fantasy? Oh, a Tibetan mastiff for sure! what keeps me back is the grooming and the temperament. Also, I want a Glen of Imaal terrier. And having seen Jesse's XOLO and asking some question, would love a small version of that. I want a hairless dog but it has to be tough enough to handle hikes and going outside. LOL. 

My dachshund/poodle mix (yes, the mutt) is so perfect for me, I wish it was a tried and true breed. My mastiff is also great. 

Great post!

• RichardRes likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I already pretty much own my dream dogs....I'm a Dane enthusiast through and through.

Although, my dream dog is a Panda baby. I'm very excited for her upcoming litter this next spring. I've been waiting for over 5 years!

Wait, Panda is preggers?? WOW!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!  :goodjob:

• jdatwood and RichardRes like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Wait, Panda is preggers?? WOW!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!  :goodjob:

Not yet, she's turning 2 in a few weeks so she will be bred on her next heat cycle. It's been a long time in the making! We are super excited :)

• jdatwood, naturalfeddogs and RichardRes like this

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

At this point top of the list would a staffy bull or a greyhound rescue.  Always more pit bulls as well I think.  If I get to the point of wanting a smaller dog probably a rat or boston terrier. 

• RichardRes likes this

lauren43

lauren43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

I would like a Staffie as well.  Don't know how that missed my list.  

And as far as my list goes I am going to try to rescue as many of them as I can.  One of these days I will go the puppy route, but I know most of my dogs will be 6 months or older when I adopt.

• RichardRes likes this

lauren43

lauren43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Dream as in, fantasy? Oh, a Tibetan mastiff for sure! what keeps me back is the grooming and the temperament. Also, I want a Glen of Imaal terrier. And having seen Jesse's XOLO and asking some question, would love a small version of that. I want a hairless dog but it has to be tough enough to handle hikes and going outside. LOL. 

My dachshund/poodle mix (yes, the mutt) is so perfect for me, I wish it was a tried and true breed. My mastiff is also great. 

Great post!

And yes I meant dream.  My first 8 I *think* I could make a reality, with the exception of the Belgian Malinois, I would have to have a house with land and a plan to get one of them.  Probably would do agility, even if its not competitively.

• RichardRes likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Rescue a Pittbull from death row, pretty much tops the list. Two things prevent that: BSL in Ontario and my boyfriend doesn't want a large breed dog, and I'm not sure if that's code for "I don't want a Pit Bull".

I also would like another Bugg, a Boston Terrier, Boxer, Dogo Argentino, Pug and even a Chihuahua.

I need a farm.

• RichardRes likes this

kathylcsw

kathylcsw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Virginia

Well Jack Russell Terriers are my heart breed and I have had once since 1997 -now on the 2nd one -  and I will ALWAYS have one.

Other breeds I might like to have someday incluide:

1. Boxer

2. Miniature Poodle - my first dog was one

3. Scottish Terrier

4. Italian Greyhound

5. Yorkshire Terrier

• RichardRes likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Not yet, she's turning 2 in a few weeks so she will be bred on her next heat cycle. It's been a long time in the making! We are super excited :)

Puppies!! I can't wait!! Keep us updated!  :thumbsu:

• jdatwood, Prey Model Raw and RichardRes like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO