Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone Have A Dream Dog Breed List?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID

I think Natalie summed it up for us.  Dream breeds are just more phenomenal Great Danes  :D

• Prey Model Raw likes this

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I pretty much love all dogs and would rescue any breed, Pit Bulls will always be my first choice, but I have started to really like French bulldogs

• GimMom likes this

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Here's mine :). No particular order!

American Eskimo Dog

Tamaskan Dog

Chinook

American Cocker Spaniel (have had three plus fosters, want more!)

English Cocker Spaniel

Field Spaniel

Irish Water Spaniel

Brittany

American Pitbull Terrier

Papillon

OwnedBySilly

OwnedBySilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I've wanted a Rhodesian Ridgeback (ridge-less would be ok) ever since hearing about them, but being in an apartment that's just not possible.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I've wanted a Rhodesian Ridgeback (ridge-less would be ok) ever since hearing about them, but being in an apartment that's just not possible.

One of my old co workers had 2 RR in a duplex with a tiny yard. She exercised them daily on hikes and stuff but they did great! 

jkilgore

jkilgore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOakman, AL

I've got to add Tosa Inu's to my dream list. Japanese Mastiffs. Very hard to find, so of course expensive, but so pretty!!!

Mickey.JPG

• Prey Model Raw and GimMom like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I'd say so! I'd never even heard of them until now! But yeah, that's a gorgeous dog right there! :)

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I pretty much love all dogs and would rescue any breed, Pit Bulls will always be my first choice, but I have started to really like French bulldogs

They are ADORABLE. I also really like Olde Boston Bulldogs. Bulldogs are just awesome

carbonxxkidd

carbonxxkidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN
My next two dogs will likely be a wire haired doxie and a shiba. Never liked doxies until I got Titan and now im obsessed with wires, and just think shibas are so cute and unique. Chances are likely I'll rescue another mutt somewhere along the line too because Orion is just the best dog! My mom thinks I'm nuts because I'm planning all this out and my boys are still so young. Big dreams! Glad I'm not alone... :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I would love a GSP, Border Collie, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Newfie, Great Dane, and many, many others .... I'll just take whatever picks me, though. lol

Love my mutt boys. They chose us, so I'll stick with that method. lol

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi
I love this! My husband and I always said when we owned a Rhodesian Ridgeback we would have arrived in life. Now that we have one, I will say, life is pretty great :) I can't imagine not having an RR, but I would also love to own:
1. Bernese Mountain Dog
2. German Shorthaired Pointer
3. Borzoi
4. Viszla
5. Papillon (mine died last year)
6. Boston Terrier
7. Bavarian Mountain Hound
8. Red Tick Coonhound

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Had never heard of the Bavarian Mountain dog, but boy are they gorgeous!

Spy Car

Spy Car

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

My dream breeds?

1. Vizsla (have one)

2. Weimaraner (had one)

3. Irish Setter (had one)

4. Braque Fran├žaise (top of the "wish list, if not for Vizsla love)

5. Bracco Italiano (neck-in-neck with above)

6. German Shorthaired Pointer

7. Pointer (English Pointer)

8. Braque d'Auvergne

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Absolutely! I DO already have my dream dog, which is Iorveth, my Standard Xoloitzcuintli, but I have many other breeds I would love to own one day. 

Great Dane (I'd hoped for a Panda baby but I think it will be a while before we are able to add another dog to the pack)

Borzoi

Neapolitan Mastiff

Portuguese Podengo Grande Smooth

Saluki

Chesapeake Bay Retriever

Another Brittany

Another Doberman

Dogo Argentino

Irish Wolfhound

Scottish Deerhound

Clumber Spaniel

Catahoula Leopard Dog

German Wire-haired Pointer

Spinone Italiano

Pointer

Ibizan Hound

Pharaoh Hound

Dogue de Bordeaux

Agouti Siberian Husky

Another Rottweiler

Saint Bernard

Bull Terrier

Another Dalmatian

Beauceron

Blue merle Smooth Collie

Some are higher on the list than others like the Wolfhound, Deerhound, Dane, Podengo, and Borzoi but I'd love to have the opportunity to own these breeds at some point in my life. Will I have time to own them all? Who knows. We have three dogs now and, while I'd love to add another dog or two, our house is too small to cram that many of us into it! We won't be in this house forever, though and, once we have property, there will be more room for all so maybe our pack size will increase. I'd rather have time to own fewer of my desired breeds and get more years with my dogs than be able to own them all because something cut the lives of some of my dogs short, you know?

I absolutely want another Standard Xolo and I've told Nick that we might end up like Jon and Natalie... A whole house full of a breed that is like potato chips to us with the oddball thrown in here and there like Shiloh and Emmy. I would never have imagined that I would fall this deeply in love with Xolos and I can easily see myself forgoing many of the breeds mentioned above if given the choice between one of them or another Xolo.

Someone did mention the smaller sized Xolos and hiking... Xolos have an incredible amount of energy and generally move so efficiently that they can float over the ground like it's nothing. Iorveth can go and go and go and, while some of the miniatures may be too small to keep up on a trail, Intermediates are a very popular size among Xolo people because they can keep up with most of the big dogs (if not outdo them) yet still have the convenient size of a smaller dog. I know more Intermediate Xolos in agility than both of the other two sizes combined. People adore the size of the Intermediates. I wish I could explain that better. And hey, if hairless isn't for you and you like hiking in colder weather, then there are lots of coated Xolos who need love too! All the Xolo with a nice fur coat!

• Prey Model Raw likes this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

I have my dream dog--a Thai Ridgeback Dog.  :)  There are SO many dog breeds that I like, but I know I can't own them all! Homeowner's insurance cuts out a lot of them too. :(

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Sadly there won't be anymore Panda babies. But there will be Quinn babies if she passes health clearances and continues to grow into the lovely lady she is! Spring 2017 will be if and when :)
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I saw the pictures of Quinn next to the bottle! She's gorgeous. I really am hoping that, by then, we'll be ready for another dog. Dude is showing his age but, even if we're down to two dogs in this house before we move, I think we're going to wait. 2017 is when Nick's Navy contract ends and, after that, we're going to start looking for property so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. We live in a beautiful place that has been an incredible experience with the whales and the crabbing/fishing but I am just so ready for property and livestock.

• naturalfeddogs and TRDmom like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Mine would have to be another Australian Shepherd. 

Elliotte

Elliotte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had always wanted a great dane and just made that a reality. We've also raised two St Bernards that were our life before kids. After they passed, our trials at little dogs, thinking that with young kids they would be less work were just disappointing. We didn't bond well with a poodle mix or frenchy mix and ended up finding them new homes with an older couple in our congregation. Everyone involved was much happier and I swore off little dogs for life, although I love then when I visit them as pets of anyone besides myself.
I hope to someday have a
Irish wolfhound
Newfoundland
Cane corso
Neopolitan
Azawakh
Black Russian Terrier
More Saints, and if Fergus continues to be as great as he seems..More Danes.

SoFlayRoud

SoFlayRoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I've owned my two dream breeds already.
1. Alaskan Malamute
2. Wolf-cross

Top that I haven't owned:
1. English Cocker Spaniel (working line only)
2. Belgian Tervuren
3. Anatolian Shepherd
4. Rough Collie
5. Komondor
6. Doberman
7. Cardigan Corgi (blue Merle male)
8. NSDTR
9. Papillion
10. Chinese Created
11. Bernese Mountain Dog
12. Wirehaired Vizsla
13. Saarloos Wolfdog