Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Merle Chi

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

She's so adorable! Let us know if she's as much a handful as other Basenjis ;)

I will certainly let you know! Right now, I can say she has boundless amounts of energy, will chase anything that moves, has incredible senses of smell and hearing, among other common 'senji traits. She also proves to be quite the mischievous little girl, dragging Zeus into her crimes. Haha.

Something funny about how she plays, she will push Zeus under his chest, almost lifting him off the ground with her muzzle.

• TRDmom likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Sounds like she has a lot of personality!

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Sounds like she has a lot of personality!

Definitely!

I'm sure she will love raw... While I was showering, she found where I kept the "raw feeding" towel and chewed a hole where there was blood.

:rolleyes:

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

LOL! Yep. She's a raw dog!

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Lol. I now have to put everything away in the home. If I leave for a split second, she gets into everything. It's funny to me though. I left to check the mail, I came back and she had gotton down a box of chocolates and chewed all the wrappers. It didn't look like she ate any sweets, only just chewed on empty wrappers. I'll find out later if she's feeling good or not. :rolleyes: :lol:

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Lol. I now have to put everything away in the home. If I leave for a split second, she gets into everything. It's funny to me though. I left to check the mail, I came back and she had gotton down a box of chocolates and chewed all the wrappers. It didn't look like she ate any sweets, only just chewed on empty wrappers. I'll find out later if she's feeling good or not. :rolleyes: :lol:

Typical B. :) Is she crate trained? Feeding in the crate is a super easy and effective way for dogs to like their crates.

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

She is crate trained! :) She amazingly does well in one. It's just moments when I'm only going to be away for 5 minutes, I think "maybe I can trust you" but I'm fooled again lol.

• TRDmom likes this

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

@TRDmom, I now understand why 'senji owners keep everything put away in their home. This girl is so curious and such a mischievous little character.

• TRDmom likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

I haven't ever known any Basenjis, but I've been curious as to what they are like.

• zeusthedapple likes this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

I spoke with one breeder/owner who said she only had one female she could trust loose at home, but that was after she (the dog) was 14 years old! :P

• naturalfeddogs and zeusthedapple like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Wow! I think that is a breed for a certain type of very patient person! 

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I spoke with one breeder/owner who said she only had one female she could trust loose at home, but that was after she (the dog) was 14 years old! :P

Harley is only a year old. :lol:

Wow! I think that is a breed for a certain type of very patient person!

I would definitely agree with that. She may be a mix, but so much of her personality is that of a Basenji. I have to be able to laugh, otherwise I'm sure I'd pull my hair out.

As I'm typing, she has just grabbed the string of my jacket and is trying to eat it.

She also has incredible desire to chase anything that moves quickly, I've been looking into some lure coursing for fun. I think she might really enjoy that.

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

It certainly does sound like she is one who needs a job to release her extra energy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO