Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hi From Stella The Gsd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

katdog

katdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

My name is Kathy and I have Stella, who is a 4 yr old GSD and who has been on raw for about 1 1/2 yrs.  We are learning as we go.  Would love to know of some places to get things a bit cheaper.....

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Welcome! Have you placed an ad on Craigslist for old and/or freezer burned meat? I met a source for cheap meat that way. I also found another cheap source through a local raw feeders Yahoo! group. Hunting is another way to get cheap meat. I'm seriously considering taking up deer hunting in the future; the "romantic" in me is wanting to use a bow rather than gun (any fool can shoot a gun, using a bow takes more training/skill and is more of an art).

katdog

katdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

i am a little nervous getting meat from random people.  am trying to find a coop or something

• MalGirl3 likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama
I have gotten free meat off CL and local classified papers A LOT, and gotten a lot of good stuff. I'm not sure where you live, but here bow season is in for deer. Check processors for their scraps. Those are always free.
  • MalGirl3 likes this

MalGirl3

MalGirl3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Welcome, I am new here also!  I am not new to feeding raw, but I am new to assembling the food myself. I have always purchased pre-made raw for my dogs.

I share your feeling in being hesitant in taking meat from random strangers, but I am willing to give it a try.

I'd like to learn how to hunt as well, to put meat in the freezer for myself and my dogs.

Where are you located? I have found a couple good groups on FB for raw feeding.

katdog

katdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I am in Ct.  I started with premade raw.  Slowly started to buy meat when on sale but lately have been back to pre made.  And that is expensive!  Stella stopped eating the turkey necks, chicken backs, and chicken quarters that made up part of what I bought.  So I went back to pre made.  But now I have started throwing in some "regular" food again and she eats it.  Not sure just why she went on strike...lol.  

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

My dog occasionally refuses a meal. I'll pack it up and feed him the next day (or the day after that, in one instance).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO