Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Need Infos !

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

sophielv

sophielv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello ! I have a 2.5 years young boston terrier and i recently started to feed him raw. I give him "Karnivor" which is a horse/bunny formula and it is "grounded" with some veggies and bones and probiotics whatever..... But it is very expensive ! I love the results Im seeing on my dog since he had all his life food from the popular stores..... But when I first knew about the prey model raw feeding, I though it was the best formula for him with starting with bones and go on and add more stuff to it.... The thing is, and I didnt look yet for places that would give me chicken backs, Im kinda scepticle about feeding him bones..... He has a strong jaw but still hes so little..... Are they really able to break enough the bones so they dont get stuck in their "interior"?? Please tell me !!!
  • RichardRes likes this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Welcome! I would start him off with poultry bones, like chicken wings, whole Cornish hens, duck and chicken necks. He should be able to handle those fine. If no problems, continue on to meat with larger/denser bones, like chicken legs and turkey necks. You can feed one protein per day. Bostons are notoriously gassy (I had a Boxer, so basically a bigger version LOL), so you may experience some GI upset. "May," not necessarily "will." Good luck! :)

• RichardRes likes this

sophielv

sophielv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you soo much !!!!! it sures help me a lot !! :D
  • TRDmom and RichardRes like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO