Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Limping/itching

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

katdog

katdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Not sure what I should do.  My 4 yr old GSD started limping-right rear leg several weeks ago.  Vet wanted to put her on Deramaxx for a week, then sedate her to do some xrays.  I wanted to try some rehab and natural solutions first.  So I started her on DGP, Liquid Health K9 5000 and 2x a week swimming and some cryotherapy.  She responded well and was doing great till yesterday.  We went for our normal morning walk and came home.  I had to go out for about 2 hours.  When I came back she was limping again....like she did originally.  I don't know what happened.  Did she run and slip in the house?  Jump off the couch oddly?  The rehab people seem to think that the original injury was a soft tissue injury.  So perhaps she re-injured herself.  Anyhow, at about the same time she has also started itching like crazy.  She has always been an itchy girl....environmental allergies...possible food allergies....that is one reason I started raw.  And she has done wonderfully.  The itching was practically gone until now.  It is hard to know why this started again.  Could it be the meds she is taking?  The swimming? (although the pool has minerals added that are supposed to help the skin).  Or is it just a really bad allergy time?  I don't want to eliminate the meds if she needs them to heal, but she seems so uncomfortable with the itchiness.  And one other new addition to her diet is Vital Essential freeze dried raw that I use for treats.  She really likes them and they work really well in my pockets when I am out and about working on her reactivity issues.  I don't really see what ingredient in them would be suspect.  Any suggestions?

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Not sure. Are there any holistic vets in your area? http://www.ahvma.org/

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Have any xrays been done on her? As far as the itching, I think it could be any number of things. Could be the meds, could be the minerals aggravating her skin, could be a new environmental allergy. Have you added anything new to her diet? It sounds like it could be a process of elimination type thing. Just start cutting out one thing at a time for a while and see if it changes ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO