Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dog Hates Chicken

chicken chicken hate cattle dog new to raw beginner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

watchingheroesfall

watchingheroesfall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Hello Everyone,

I accidentally posted this earlier in the wrong place but can't figure out how to delete it. Sorry about that!

I'm very new to PMR and everything seems to be going good in the stool department but my dog refuses all chicken I give him. I tried to start last week on chicken like everyone suggested but he wouldn't touch it no matter what I did. After a few days forced fasting to get him to eat I went ahead 4 days ago and started with other meats. He doesn't seem to care for the flavor or the texture of chicken and he wont even try to gnaw the bone. I haven't had this problem with any  of the other raw proteins I've given him so far. I just basically skipped chicken and went straight to everything else. Is this normal and is it okay? Should I try chicken again when its less new to him? I've been giving him a mix of ground turkey, pork neck bones, a little beef liver, finely chopped greens, and a little bit of beef heart. I expect to have some deer meat and offal by next week to add in. He is loving his new diet but is this okay as long as I continue to vary as I go?

• CurtisDaw likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Just continue variety as you go, variety is the key to a balanced raw diet.

• watchingheroesfall likes this

watchingheroesfall

watchingheroesfall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Thanks naturalfeddogs, I will continue to rotate and vary his diet. I appreciate the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chicken, chicken hate, cattle dog, new to raw, beginner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO