Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Old Yeller > Pmr

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I adopted my 6lb boy in July, his previous owners were feeding him Beneful and Old Yeller. His fur had brown "stains" near his joints and feet (his fur would normally be white), he had terrible tear stains around his eyes, his teeth were disgusting for a 2yo. and of course his breath was terrible. He was fed Fromm kibble from July - Oct. until I finally made the change to PMR! :D

• Fur around the legs, joints, and feet are all white as they should be, no stains.
  • Tear stains non-existent at this point.
  • Teeth are improving every day, but at least 90% of the plaque/gunk is gone. His teeth are nearly perfect, pearly whites.
  • Eyes seem to be brighter, more alert.
  • Not nearly as much shedding as day 1.
  • No more bad breath.
  • Great muscle definition for his breed.

I'm sure there are so many more to list but I'm thrilled to have a happy, healthy pup! :)

Tear stains: Being a Merle, it can be harder to point out tear stain from fur markings, take my word for it, his tear stains were disgusting. Now, it's fantastic.

Tear Stains Before Raw:

zmjbqa.jpg

After Raw: Only his Merle markings, no brown stains.

2zgt36d.jpg

• naturalfeddogs, Iorveth, Spy Car and 4 others like this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Nice! :) Thank you for sharing the results and pictures. Its good for others to see this.

• zeusthedapple likes this

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Thanks for being such a welcoming and supportive forum and group of friends! It really helps being able to turn to someone for advice and concerns. :)

• naturalfeddogs and MegThreeDogs like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Just goes to show the benefits of a species appropriate are amazing! I have a hard time understanding why so many people think it's "bad" .

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Same here! When it makes sense the dog's body is built to handle such a diet and when the benefits are endless, how do you deny such an obviously right choice for your pet?

People laugh at me all the time and tell me my dog is going to die prematurely because of this diet.

• naturalfeddogs and Poodlebeguiled like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts

I get the "what??? Your freakin' crazy" look all the time. Oh well.......

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

It's good to hear the diet is working out for the little fellow, cute little bugger. We aren't 100% success as yet, but it's coming.

MegThreeDogs

MegThreeDogs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Glad I'm not the only one getting the "you're crazy/weird" stuff.. Called the butcher today asking about organs and I swear the lady was probably laughing with the butcher as she went to ask him if they sold organs.. and then how much they would be.. "This lady's nuts!" I'm sure they were thinking. :P Haha! 

But seriously, I would never have known the brown around his eyes were tear stains! That is an amazing difference! I haven't started my dogs yet but I plan to do before/after photos. :) 

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts

Yes, do before and after photos. The differences are amazing to see, and real good confidence boosters for new raw feeders.

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I am definitely not a Chihuahua fan, but my lord he is a handsome thing! I scroll past most photos of Chis after seeing, for example, the tear stains the owner might mention, but he gets me every time. And it's not just his color. He just seems like an awesome dog in general.

Anyhow, I haven't got much of the "you're crazy!" stuff, but the one that sticks out to me is the doctor who sewed up DH's hand after Dude got him when DH stuck his hand out at the wrong time. Long story short, Buck was a stupid puppy who tried to go after Dude's food. Buck was DH's first puppy. Dude tried to give Buck a warning snap, but DH freaked and tried to protect Buck and Dude gave him 3 stitches just behind his pinky knuckle. 

So, we go to the ER because DH is bleeding all over the place and the doctor who comes in to look at it is asking questions and, just to be safe, we mentioned our dog was eating his meal of raw chicken when it happened. The doctor looks at me and goes, "Isn't that kind of barbaric?" We were in our first few days of feeding raw so I didn't know how to respond but, unless he's a vegetarian, I never understood how feeding a carnivore raw meat was any different from us cooking it. For the dogs, we kill it and feed it. For us, we add in another step where we torch it before eating it.

Anyhow, we did recently get "What are you feeding? Werewolves?" from a checker at a grocery store. She wasn't rude and was actually interested, but the look on her face was hilarious. That's not the first time I've heard someone asked about werewolves, but that was the first time WE got that question.

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Thank you. He's a lively little fellow. He has a lot of personality and every day with him is a gift to me.

Haha, bit silly of the doc to say that but not the worst to hear, at least.

Yeah, when I'm at the store buying duck heads and odd ends, I get weird looks and innocently curious question about my intentions.

• Iorveth likes this

Poodlebeguiled

Poodlebeguiled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Washington

I can't believe I missed this thread!!!! Wow! Tear stains gone! It's funny but Matisse's tear stains went away, as if his ducts may have gotten bigger with age. I can't remember if it was before or after starting raw. But then they came back. Now gone again. I can't figure this one out. lol. Anyhow, your little Chi looks amazing. I LOVE Chihuahuas and miss my little girl. I still have Jose` though at 14 years of age. You story is just what people need to see to drive home the point. I guess...if it would ever get driven home. I don't understand it either...how so many people think that eating fresh, whole food is somehow unnatural. Methinks they aren't very smart. Oh yes, kibble has been around for 15 - 30,000 years doncha know. Great photos! What pretty dogs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO