Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bully Sticks/pizzles?

bully sticks pmr pizzles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ravena

Ravena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Hi all,

Can I give Nova bully sticks still on pmr?  She adores them (and I actually don't mind the smell) - especially since she's in the midst of teething, she likes to have something to chew on at all times, and isn't a fan of chewing long term on toys, soft or otherwise, she'd rather chase/pounce on those, even the 'chew' centric ones.  She's a slow chewer - one long bully stick will last several days, bagged up at night.

If not, is there something dried that I can give her/make her for between meals?  Or is there something you guys love to use for a teething puppy? (My previous pups all loved their chew toys put in the freezer, but while she loves iced treats, she turns her nose up at frozen chew toys)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

You can but I would wait until you are fully transitioned into raw first. I don't remember how long you said you have fed raw?

Ravena

Ravena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Only 2 weeks, she's 5months now.  Have fed bully sticks for 2 months, though, with no digestive upset.  Wait for the transition to be complete to ensure that its not affecting any digestive issues, so I can isolate any symptoms? Or another reason?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Yea, that's why you should wait until you are fully transitioned. If any intolerances, allergies or other issues should come up. After that, you would be fine. You just want to be able to know what causes issues if they happen. 

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Before Gim was on raw, he loved eating those. I think they're great, they really keep him busy! I'll probably get him another, despite the fact they gross out Shane. 

kathylcsw

kathylcsw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Virginia

Both of mine love bully sticks. They used to keep them busy for hours but now they can chew through one in about 30 minutes.

Summer Rose

Summer Rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I don't think you need to wait. You didn't mention any allergies, unless you did somewhere else, so there wouldn't be any real reason to wait to give any more of them. Just keep in mind where your bully sticks come from and buy local if you can. :)

• GimMom likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bully, sticks, pmr, pizzles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO