Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bags Sticking To Chest Freezer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

The items at the bottom of my chest freezer tend to get stuck to the freezer. To get those items out is a hassle. Does anyone have recommendations on how to deal with this?

I placed an empty feed bag over the bottom (inside) of the freezer this time in hopes of it clinging to the freezer instead of the bags of food.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I know how you feel! All the bags we used for the cows we got a while back, and now deer. They are ALL sticking to the sides and together. Wayne has been having to use the claw end of his hammer and dig and beat like hell to get them out. Bags are torn up pretty bad by the time he's done. I haven't found a trick yet to stop that. 

lovemyboys88

lovemyboys88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Have you tried paper bags? I read somewhere about people organzing their freezers by double bagging paper bags then putting their freezer stuff in em. Not sure if it works personally. I went to the dollar store and bought plastic baskets to put our stuff in. It works pretty well for us.
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

The paper bag idea is a good one. I would put the zip lock bags in the paper ones though, because I'm afraid blood would leak through and make the bags tear. But I bet they wouldn't stick that way though. 

zeusthedapple

zeusthedapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Oh man, some of my bags stick together! I guess I'm having leaks, but I'm having a hard time finding them. I will just see a pile of frozen blood on the bottom of the freezer, some leaked out of a ziplock. Why does this keep happening to me??

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

It's just one of the struggles us raw feeders have to deal with!  :)

• TRDmom likes this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

I'm hoping the feed bag at the bottom will help. Time will tell though.

• zeusthedapple likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO