Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Day One, All Good ( Mostly)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

A D

A D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationWestern washington
So I jumped in with both feet today and made the switch to raw. We have 2 dogs one 14 months and another 4 years old. The puppy didn't miss a beat, he went for the new food with gusto. Our older dog is less sure about her new diet. I had to lightly sear her food before she reluctantly ate it. What I find strange is that i have been gving both dogs raw "treats"; duck feet and turkey necks for weeks now. As a "treat" she will gobble up raw food but offer raw food in her bowl and she is reluctant to touch it. The treats were frozen and today's food was fresh (maybe frozen just tastes better). I don't want to tempt fate but so far no digestive upset.
  • lovemyboys88 and OctavioMype like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I'm glad it seems to have gone well for you! Your older one will get it. Just keep offering. Sometimes it can take some time for them to realize that those bigger chunks are food.

• A D likes this

A D

A D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationWestern washington
Thanks jenny.I'm sure she will eventually come around.

Spy Car

Spy Car

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

You could always hand-feed her. She won't like you less once she realizes how delicious what you're giving her tastes.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO