Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recreational Bones For Puppies?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ChloeLabs

ChloeLabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I understand as an adult I can feed him ribs, and beef knuckle to keep himself occupied for an hour or so just ripping away at the meat, but I imagine these to be too hard for a puppy, what are good recreational bones for a puppy?

Thanks.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Knuckle bones or any weight bearing bones aren't recommended for any dogs of any age. Those bones are very dense and bad to break the teeth of adults or puppies. I don't ever give rec bones. For puppies or adults, you can give antlers or pizzles. (Bull penis). Those are going to be your best bet for chews. 

For puppies I have given frozen pig ears as well. They make good long lasing chews and being cold they feel good on the teeth.

ChloeLabs

ChloeLabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I get very worried with what my puppy eats, https://www.cleardog...lian-pigs-ears/ - Is this a good example of a good pigs ear that I should give my puppy? 

ChloeLabs

ChloeLabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I googled around and pizzles and pigs ears are full of fat, not something I prefer going into my pup, thanks though!

I'll stick to chicken drumsticks, wings and briskets. :)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Dogs get their energy from fat. It's something they have to have. I don't buy commercial pig ears, I get actual raw ones from the grocery.

Drumsticks and wings are fine, but if you are looking for a lasting chew, that's not it. Those are fed as part of meals.

• zeusthedapple likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO