Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Need Advice On Starting My 3 Yr Old Female Pit On Raw Meat Diet Pls

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Mypup

Mypup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like some insight on starting my 3yr old pit on a raw meat diet... How to begin? Should she have the bones from the chicken quarters? How much to start her off with? Should I mix with her dog food? All advice is appreciated!!!!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Yes she must have the bones in the quarters. They provide nutrition, wonderful teeth cleaning and help the poops firm. Don't mix it with kibble at all. In fact, ditch the kibble completely. For her I would start her with one quarter per meal, and as she handles it well add another at least per meal. I'm not one to follow exact percentages etc. I feed according to body condition. The 80/10/10 rule about percentages of meat/bone/organ are must guidelines. All dogs are different, and if you pay attention to your dog and listen to them, you will learn just what works for them. 

Have you read the getting started guide? It also has some good info for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO