Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rabbit Breeding And Eating

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Wolfsnaps

Wolfsnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Here is a video I made of her building her nest. It is kind of boring but as you can see, she was getting a neck workout. LOL

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

I've had quite a few bunnies as pets so I don't think I could ever kill them and eat them myself but it's something I would be willing to do in the future for my animals to eat.

That's funny because my experience is the opposite. I think they're cute but I have no qualms about killing bunnies for meat because mine were all asses... They weren't very nice bunnies. I HAVE met some VERY nice bunnies but not enough to make me love bunnies.

• naturalfeddogs and GimMom like this

Wolfsnaps

Wolfsnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Every rabbit I have ever met has been an ass. I worked at a pet store where we had a free roaming store rabbit. She would ALWAYS steal my lunch (I ate in the backroom on the floor during the winter, we didn't have a breakroom) and was a complete jerk. Every rabbit I ever showed for sale or adoption kicked the living crap out of me, the stories go on and on. Rabbits just hate me. Even my breeders now are flighty and I have had them since they were little. I must give off an anti rabbit vibe. It makes killing them a little easier. What worries me is these babies I have now and getting too attached. I handle them everyday and I might end up keeping one if they are super sweet (as a breeder, no such thing as a free lunch!). 

Iorveth, more power to you. If you start breeding, let me know if you can kill the babies when they are of age. it's not easy, at least I don't think so. 

• Iorveth likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Sprocket says that they stop being cute when they get pick enough to cause damage. Hahaha. 

Honestly, I don't think it should ever be "easy". I don't think taking a life should be easy. I don't think it's wrong but we should never be able to callously kill even a lowly meat animal. That's the way I see it.

• Wolfsnaps and Jordann like this

Wolfsnaps

Wolfsnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I hunt and while I use every part of the animal I take, I do it for sport.The wild animal always has a chance to escape and survive.  But to kill something you have planned for, cared for, and raised? Nope, never easy. 

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I don't find it "EASY" but it is easier for me since I don't consider them anything but food.  I have a more difficult time culling chickens because they are my pets, essentially.  I don't do the culling anyway, Drew does it because I don't seem to possess the strength to use the wringer.  

I am always sad on processing days.  Its a conflicted feeling actually.  I'm sad but happy.

Wolfsnaps

Wolfsnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

I made this video to post on a local pet selling Facebook page. Thought it wouldn't hurt to try and sell them. No biggie if I don't, they will just become dog food as planned. I may keep a tort female to breed with my Dutch rabbit (he really needs a girlfriend). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO