Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Little White Worms In Stool

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi guys I check myas Poop everyday and today I noticed she had a few live worms moving in her stool very small one the size of half a dime. Obviously I'm worried and I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow but I want to get my ducks in a row. She did get into a bird the other day ate it then threw it up shortly after. From what I've gathered that could be the culprit.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Do they look like grains of rice? If so they are tapeworms. Be ready for the vet to blame the worms on raw feeding, too.

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Yes they we're I saw them in one of her stools she's had 4 since and ive seen nothing im thinking it was what she digested from the bird. should i still call? Id rather be safe than sorry would i see them in every stool she has if she had tapeworms?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

You may not see them each time, but you are also likely to see them sticking on the outside of the dogs anus as well. Call your vet and see if they will give you some tape worm meds, or what they suggest. They may want to do a fecal to check for any others as well. 

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Thank you very much for the info I'm calling now for information, I'll grab her latest stool when I get home I asked my girlfriend to check thoroughly with some gloves on around that area still waiting for the results on that.
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO