Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nutraceuticals

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Caniches

Caniches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Is there any reason to look into nutraceuticals?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Nutraceuticals? Not sure what that is?

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

From what I understand, nutraceuticals are food with health benefiting properties (or food used for medicinal purposes). In a sense, a raw diet is that for dogs. Glucosamine and chondroitin--which support joint health--are found in foods with cartilage (i.e. poultry feet). Higher concentrations of many vitamins are found in organs, particularly liver. Probiotics and enzymes are found in (green) tripe. Protein (muscle meat) and fat are the sources of energy dogs use. Whole prey/large pieces of meat help clean the teeth. I know there are a lot of "extras" out there, but the basic "whole prey" is all they really need.

• naturalfeddogs and Spy Car like this

Caniches

Caniches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Yeah, that's what I figured. Found a book that mentioned them. Am judging the entire book on the fact that it recommends nutraceuticals. Will not be buying.

• naturalfeddogs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO