Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

4 Week Old Puppy- Sos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

meghan&mya

meghan&mya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationIllinois
They're the best of friends

1z5kayf.png

2m6jv42.jpg
  • Iorveth and TRDmom like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

The sooner the better for raw. He looks like he has done well!

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Getting so big and so cute!!!  :)

However, I disagree with the vet's advice completely. Since you have the bag of food you have now, I would go ahead and feed it, but then go on and put him on raw after that. A vet will advise against raw at every chance they get. Wait a year, and the vet will still say "not yet", and you will be missing out on whole, real food nutrients his body will use more effeciantly than kibble. 

I agree with naturalfeddogs. Puppies also seem to transition better than adults, from what I've heard. My pups have taken to raw with minimal issues. I currently have a Great Pyrenees who is growing just fine. She's been on raw since 7 weeks old. My research indicates that a raw diet is better for growing pups because the protein and fat are better utilized than carbs and help regulate the growth better. Of course--your dog, your rules. Good luck!

• naturalfeddogs likes this

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Nice to see updates, looking good. Both dogs are adorable. I'm on the hunt for another minpin.

I concur with the raw feeding, the pup can likely benefit from it. So could the pin.

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I'm not one to disagree with someone's vet in a situation like this since I don't know the dog, the owner, or the vet, but I would get a second opinion from a vet who raw feeds if it was my dog. I'm glad he's doing well and that the cat is adjusting! He's adorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO