Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Husky Not Excited Anymore To Eat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
She's still eating her meal and snacks but takes much more time now it almost looks like she's bored of it and I know huskies have those tendencies any ideas

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

What all is she eating in the way of proteins?

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Chicken, beef lamb is her staple goat when I find it turkey is hard to find unless in season. Ordering green tripe here soon aswell gave up on my search for that haha.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts

Sounds to me like she is just being picky. You may need to use some tough love, by putting a meal down, leave it for ten or fifteen minutes. If not eaten, take it up and offer at the next meal. Assuming the dog is healthy, they will always eat eventually.

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
If she's grown, do you fast her? Many people fast their dogs once a week. I didn't do it that often, but an occasional fast helps with digestion. It may also assist you with her appetite. Good luck!

Spy Car

Spy Car

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

I'd rule out dental issues.

Bill

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts

Dental issues are a thought. Have you looked at her teeth good? 

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I checked her teeth all look great none are loose or chipped I've thought of fasting her aswell I think she just got to used to the meals and I also will be making changes to her meals as well I usually use most proteins I have for every meal instead of splitting them up and that probably made her used to everything I got and bored of it.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts

I will usually feed one protein per meal, unless I have left over to add, or organs. It does seem to mix things up and add a little excitement, so to speak to each meal. 

Spy Car

Spy Car

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

I checked her teeth all look great none are loose or chipped I've thought of fasting her aswell I think she just got to used to the meals and I also will be making changes to her meals as well I usually use most proteins I have for every meal instead of splitting them up and that probably made her used to everything I got and bored of it.

Are you able to press on the teeth, especially the molars? Sometimes a tooth can be cracked and it isn't obvious.

Of course, this may not be the issue. Hopefully not. I have a chow-hound (back-flips at meal times), so if he wasn't eating with gusto checking the teeth would be my first move.

Best,

Bill

Zachherer

Zachherer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Just a update she is eating again with excitement, she got bit up by some fire ants to come to find out we think that was the culprit. All is well though I did fast her and if that worked so be it thanks for all the help_
  • TRDmom likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts

Good news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO