Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bone Broth Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

WirehairedVizslalove

WirehairedVizslalove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Anybody else make bone broth for their dog?  Typically, i keep the crockpot going for a week once per month and then freeze the leftovers and that will last about two weeks.  I add everything from chicken parts to fish to turkey necks to beef knuckles, etc...I've read that it has wonderful benefits for dogs...But then i got to thinking: If my dog is already eating bones (Chicken thighs, turkey necks, fish, etc...) then isnt he already getting the benefits from the bone??  So, maybe I am wasting my time with bone broth and its just a fad right now.  Thoughts?

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Only times I made bone broth is when the pup wouldn't eat, there were times he would go for a couple of days without due to gastric issues. At least it got some nourishment into him.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,280 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

It isn't going to hurt, but I believe typically broth is used for dogs having health issues and not wanting to eat. Those are about the only times I can recall hearing people feeding it.

Spy Car

Spy Car

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

I've always made a lot of bone-broth/stock as someone who loves good food, good nutrition, and likes to be frugal.

But most of it goes toward the human animals I'm feeding—not the dog. He does OK already.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO