Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My 9 Month Old Not Feeling Well

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

creed_thedobie

creed_thedobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

When i first brought home my dobie creed he was on a kibble from the store i bought him from. not to upset his stomach i bough a bag so i can transition him to another kibble. all my friends said go to wellness its the best. so i did and i noticed that he was having some green gunk come out of his eye and his coat wasn't shinny anymore. he was a sad dobie. after doing a lot of research about raw diets, i went down to my super market and started. It worked. his coat looks amazing again, his teeth are white, no more green gunk. he back to being a happy puppy. 

I found a website that provides a large amount of raw meals, meats, bone etc.... i ordered some stuff and everything went off perfectly. Now I'm just waiting for the the real order to come, just concerned how his stomach will take it. Past few days he has had some major cannon butt. i gave him some pumpkin yesterday with his chicken and woke up to a mess in his crate this morning. Ive been keeping his bone intake 80/10/10 scale. 

Question is... should i increase his bone intake until his stomach is settled and slowly over time decrease the amount? 

any advice would be greatly appreciated if anyone else is having this problem, 

Creed is fully vaccinated and has been dewormed when he was first bone and dewormed when i first started his raw diet (thought that was why he had loose stool). Very active happy puppy. Loves his bone marrow bone ( i know there is no actual bone nutrient, more just blood and cartilage) 

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! First of all, what are you feeding him now in the way of proteins? And what protein did you start him out on?

creed_thedobie

creed_thedobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

creed main source of proteins: chicken breast, leg, wings. 4 eggs, turkey legs, Beef all cuts. Had rabbit quarters 1x. Emu grinds 1x. lamb shanks, veal, just started pork cuts for increase in fats. 

organ:     kidney, pancreas, liver, heart, gizzards

first couple months i had his he was on kibble. stopped it.. now were on raw diet. in our 2nd month of eating 2 raw meals per day. we stopped down to 1 for a week or 2 just to see if that would help, but he keeps clinking his bowls for more food. past few days he's back on 2 and loose stools started. He was never fully solid to begin with, but never this bad where he would have accidents in his crate. 

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts

How much are you feeding at one meal?

creed_thedobie

creed_thedobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

he gets around a 1-1.5lb per meal... he had 3 meals over the summer. smaller but 3 and we were a lot more active from the nice weather.  He only eats till he his full. he is not a gobbler. or rushes when it comes to feeding. it takes him probably about an hour to eat his bowl. and if there any left overs i just save it for the next day as is morning or snack time meal. His vet says he's perfect weight. his ribs still slightly show, but there is a cushion layer of fat over his ribs

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts

He may be eating too much at a meal. I would back him off some at each meal. How often does he get bone? 

Could also be an intolerance to something. Did you notice the poop change after any protein in particular?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO