Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Well...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

For those that are unaware, I had to remove the girlfriend from my life - and of course I lost access to Jagger. Really miss having the little guy around. Couldn't do without a dog anymore - so I took in another miniature pinscher, he's chocolate and tan. He's 5, and what a sweet little guy he is. He's only been here for a few days, but settling in fast. Very smart, gets most things very quickly.

He's been eating Acana dog food, mostly a grazer throughout the day. He doesn't eat much but I can't believe how much poop comes out of him, and usually 2 or 3 times a day. Seems like what goes in, comes out. And his farts are pretty rank. Tried him on a raw chicken foot (thawed) yesterday afternoon, devoured it. Fed a raw (thawed) pork rib last night, ate the whole thing and came looking for more so I don't think there's any question...

Attached Files

• ThomasEl likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Oh, I'm sorry about you and your gf. I know you miss Jagger a lot, but I'm glad you have a new dog in your life now. What's his name? Sounds like raw is a go for you! 

My system for whatever reason won't let me see the picture being in file form, but I know he's a cutie!

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Your new little man is adorable. I love the pic! :)

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

The name he came with is Monty, think it suits him.

photo%202_zpsqal6oiza.jpg

• Caniches and TRDmom like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Look at those ears!!! So freakin' cute!!!! He does look like a Monty!

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

He's not very big, maybe 7 or 8 pounds and he's a little bit chub. I'll try him on some chicken wings for supper, see how it goes.

feeding3_zpsdmordsp1.jpg

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Looks like he got the idea already.....

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Got the idea is right...

Note to self, cut chicken up.

I gave him a deboned chicken thigh, chew swallow, chew swallow. Never left his mouth, went down almost whole. Big gullet on a small dog.

• TRDmom likes this

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Well, seems like his weepy eyes have cleared up already...

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

I have to say, he's loving the raw food. Goes after raw chicken with a vengeance and his body is coping really well.

Bought a rack of pork ribs, again he loves them but won't touch it frozen, need to defrost but oh well. Chicken feet are the same.

Already i can see changes in him, his eyes are still a little weepy once in a while, but overall.

Little bugger is blossoming so fast, personality is wonderful. Been taking him out everywhere, people love him. Been asking strangers to pick him up and pet him, had a few women ask what I would do if they made a run for the door with the dog. :) I so love MinPins.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts

Good for you! Sounds like its going great! 

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Well, he loved the raw heart, wasn't too sure about the duck gizzard. Ready to switch to beef.

Teeth are coming along nicely, forgot to take a starter pic but..

.teeth_zpsyaftg9lo.jpg

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

He's adorable!

Sorry to hear about the breakup and losing Jagger. I'm glad you found yourself a new pup. He's a looker :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO