Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tooth Decay

tooth decay teeth issues dental raw fed brown deteriorating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

apitbullslife

apitbullslife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

HELLO YALL!

I have a question, my daughter has been raw feed for nearly four years now (yay!), she has done so well with transitioning and we have smoothed out all the bumps throughout the way. BUT... the other day I was brushing her teeth and looked into her mouth and her bottom very back molar?? looks as if it is decaying! All her other teeth are perfectly fine, there hasn't been anything different in her diet or her chews or toys and it's just that ONE toothie in the back. 

The only thing I can think of was now I thaw her food before she eats now, before I was advised that it was okay that I fed her meal frozen because she would just inhale her food so fast and then regurgitate it back up all the time. Now that she has gotten the hang of chewing I thaw her food every morning and night. But I didn't realize her tooth until after. 

Could I have messed up her teeth by feeding her food frozen for so long??

I have an appointment set up for her but in the mean time while we're waiting to get it, input please!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

No, feeding frozen didn't cause it in itself. What all are you feeding? Meaning what different proteins/ bones are you feeding?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tooth, decay, teeth, issues, dental, raw, fed, brown, deteriorating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO