Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Southwestern Ontario, Canada!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zipperdoodle

zipperdoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone! 

Brand new to this website, I found it in my continual research on raw feeding. Finally taking the plunge in the next week or so (or whenever the kibble runs out!). 

We (my boyfriend and I) have an almost two year old dog named Zipper. We rescued her from a foster-based organization almost a year ago. She's a collie mix with lots of energy and thinks she's a cat half the time. We also have a new kitten (who is Zipper's best friend) his name is Link. A 6 year old grumpy female cat, Callie. And a rescued bird, Nymeria. 

I've been researching raw feeding for years, way before we got Zipper, so I'm incredibly excited to start her on it. She's kind of a strange eater though, she's currently on ACANA and only eats about half of what is recommended (which the vet said was fine), and some days barely eats anything, so I'm not sure how timed feedings will go (she currently has food left out for her in the morning and will normally eat it once the kitten looks like he's going to steal it). 

Anyways... here's the furbabies. 

- Steph  :D

Attached Files

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome to the forum! Having set feedings may be better for her seemingly pickiness. Anytime food is just left out, they are like "whatever". Set feedings may help. 

Spy Car

Spy Car

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Steph, one nice part of raw feeding is that when dogs are fueled by fat as their primary source (and proteins are second) is that there is sustained energy available from fats (unlike the crash-and-burn energy delivery of carbohydrate').

Because there are plenty of energy stores to draw on one can (and should) feed once a day meals. Best done when the dog is done with work and play for the day. It is a benefit to dogs not to run/play on full bellies, and at day's end the appetite should peak. Add delicious real food and you may see a very different attitude towards meal time.

Best of luck in your adventure. Welcome to the forum.

Bill

• naturalfeddogs likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO